A Gap Processing Time allows you to book another appointment while a service is being completed, enabling you to take on more bookings and maximize your schedule!
Example: Let's say you have a customer who has booked a hair and color service and the service requires them to sit under a drier for 45 minutes. Since the customer will not need any help during this time, you can book another appointment during this time frame. This is your gap processing time!
To learn more about this feature, watch the video or follow the steps below:
1. Click Settings at the top of the screen.
2. Select Service/Class Menu on the left side of the screen.
3. Select the Services option.
4. Find the service on the Service/Class Menu. Click the three dots. Then select Edit.
5. Find the employee. Place your cursor in the Duration field. Then click Add Gap Time once the option appears.
6. Enter the Initial Duration, Gap Processing time as well as the Finish Duration. During the gap processing time, the software allows you to book another appointment. Customers also see this as an available time when shopping on the Online Booking Page.
7. Once the Gap Time has been added, you can edit it by placing your cursor in the box where the processing time has been set. Click Edit once this option appears.
8. Click Save when you're finished.
9. You can see how the processing time displays on the Calendar. A white color box on the appointment block means that the Gap Time has been set.
10. You can also book another appointment during the gap time.