Check out clients securely and process credit card payments quickly using the Vagaro EMV reader with Vagaro Pro on a mobile device.
Related article: EMV Reader Status Colors
In this article, we will go over:
Advantages of Using the Vagaro EMV Chip Reader
- One Dip Into Multiple Accounts: Funds can be automatically routed into multiple merchant accounts in one transaction.
- Dip, Tap, or Swipe: Accept payments in more ways than one.
- Chargeback Protection: Protect your customers' card dipped payments from fraud.
- iOS and Android Compatible: Our EMV reader works with Apple 9.0+ and Android 5.0+ phones and tablets.
- Wireless Connection: EMV reader easily connects to your device with Bluetooth 2.0+.
Using the EMV Reader on a Mobile Device
- Tap Checkout at the bottom of the screen.
- Select a customer and add items to the shopping cart.
- Tap Connect.
- Select EMV Reader.
Note: If you're at a location where multiple Vagaro businesses have EMV readers, you may see multiple readers that you can pair with. You don't want to connect to the wrong reader and charge a customer from a different Vagaro business.
Look on the back of your EMV reader to see the serial number and match to your choices for pairing:
- Tap Pair at the bottom of the screen.
- This screen appears for a successful pairing.
- Once you've selected the customer and added the items to the Checkout screen, tap Pay with Card.
- You have a choice of checkout types: COVID-Clean or on This Device:
- Tap, dip or swipe the card into the EMV reader to process the payment.
- Have the customer select a Tip option. Tap Split to split the tip if multiple service providers have been added to the Checkout screen.
- If you selected Split, enter the amount for each employee, and then tap Continue.
- Tap Next after selecting the tip.
- Have the customer sign on the screen and tap Charge Card when you're ready.
Unassigning a Reader
When you connect a chip reader to a device, it assigns the reader to that specific device. If another business attempts to use that reader, they'll see a popup stating that the reader is assigned to another business. This means that the other business must unassign the reader first.
- To unassign a reader tap More .
- Select EMV Reader.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap Unassign Reader to disconnect the reader from the device.
- Confirm the unassign action.
Firmware updates keep your EMV reader compatible and current with new media. To update the Firmware of the chip reader, follow the steps below.
- Tap More at the bottom of the screen.
- You'll see a notification to the right of the EMV Reader option. This indicates that an upgrade is available. Select this option.
- Tap Install Now.
- You'll be able to see the progress of the installation.
- The device will auto-connect and display the updated information once the installation is complete.