To check out customers using the Vagaro EMV Chip Reader, follow these steps:
- Tap Checkout at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the customer once you get to the Checkout screen. The service or item they are being checked out for appears automatically in their cart.
- Tap Connect.
- Select EMV Reader.
- Tap Pair. A pop-up appears to confirm that the pairing was a success.
- Tap Pay with Card.
As you're using your reader, you'll see multiple status lights on the device. Here's what they all mean.
- A solid blue light means your device has successfully paired with the EMV reader and is ready to accept credit card payments.
- A blinking blue light means your device has not paired with the EMV reader or it's in sleep mode.
- A blinking blue and white light means your reader is actively trying to send data or you're trying to charge a credit card.
- A flashing red and green light means the reader is powering up.
Remember, if you've already paired your device with one chip reader and you're trying to pair it with another, a pop-up will appear, enabling you to pair your device with the new reader. This is because you can only pair your device with one reader at a time.
If you're pairing the chip reader with an Android, the version must be at least 2.1 or higher. If you're using an iOS device, the version must be at least 6.0 or higher.
Let's get started!
1. Tap Checkout at the bottom of the screen.
2. Select the customer and service or item once you get to the Checkout screen.
3. Tap Connect.
4. Select EMV Reader.
5. Tap Pair.
6. The screen appears if the pair was a success.
7. Tap Pay with Card.