Let's get started!
- Advantages of Using the Vagaro EMV Reader
- Free Chip Readers for New Merchant Account Holders
- Discounted Readers for Past Merchant Account Holders
- How to Use the Vagaro EMV Chip Reader
Advantages of Using the Vagaro EMV Chip Reader
- One Dip Into Multiple Accounts: Funds can be automatically routed into multiple merchant accounts in one transaction.
- Dip or Swipe: Accept payments in more ways than one.
- Chargeback Protection: Protect your customers' card dipped payments from fraud.
- iOS and Android Compatible: Our EMV reader works with Apple 9.0+ and Android 5.0+ phones and tablets.
- Wireless Connection: EMV reader easily connects to your device with Bluetooth 2.0+.
Free Chip Readers for New Merchant Accounts Holders
Once you sign up for Vagaro Merchant Services, you're eligible to get a free EMV reader. This deal is only for customers who signed up for credit card processing starting Dec. 6 and have never received a free reader from us. This deal ends Dec. 31. The chip readers work on an iPhone, iPad, and Android.
Click this link to learn more about signing up for credit card processing: How to Sign Up for Credit Card Processing in Vagaro.
Discounted Readers for Current Merchant Accounts Holders
If you've already received a free reader and signed up for a merchant account before Dec. 6, we are offering a reader at a discounted price ($45, plus a $5 shipping cost). Once you send us a request, we will send the reader to an address you specify. The shipment takes about 3 to 5 business days once it's received. To send a request, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, unless you call and provide us with a different credit card to pay for the reader and shipping cost, we will use the current card you have on file.
To learn how to order an additional reader as well as other products and services from our Vagaro store, click this link: How to Get a New Reader, Other Products and Services from the Vagaro Store.
To check out customers using the Vagaro EMV Chip Reader, follow these steps:
- Tap Checkout at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the customer once you get to the Checkout screen. The service or item they are being checked out for appears automatically in their cart.
- Tap Connect.
- Select EMV Reader.
- Tap Pair. A pop-up appears to confirm that the pairing was a success.
- Tap Pay with Card.
As you're using your reader, you'll see multiple status lights on the device. Here's what they all mean.
- A solid blue light means your device has successfully paired with the EMV reader and is ready to accept credit card payments.
- A blinking blue light means your device has not paired with the EMV reader or it's in sleep mode.
- A blinking blue and white light means your reader is actively trying to send data or you're trying to charge a credit card.
- A flashing red and green light means the reader is powering up.
Remember, if you've already paired your device with one chip reader and you're trying to pair it with another, a popup will appear, enabling you to pair your device with the new reader. This is because you can only pair your device with one reader at a time.
If you're pairing the chip reader with an Android, the version must be at least 2.1 or higher. If you're using an iOS device, the version must be at least 6.0 or above. The Bluetooth 4.0 version or above is also required.
How to Use the Vagaro EMV Chip Reader
1. Tap Checkout at the bottom of the screen.
2. Select the customer and service or item once you get to the Checkout screen.
3. Tap Connect.
4. Select EMV Reader.
5. Tap Pair.
6. The screen appears if the pair was a success.
7. Tap Pay with Card.
Firmware updates keep your EMV reader compatible and current with new media. To update the Firmware of your chip reader, follow the steps below.
1. Once you log into your account, tap More at the bottom of the screen.
2. You'll see a notification to the right of the EMV Reader option. This indicates that an upgrade is available. Select this option.
3. Tap Install Now.
4. You'll be able to see the progress of the installation.
5. Once the installation is complete, the device will auto connect and display the updated information.