To learn how to add a tip and set your tipping options, follow the steps below.
Tipping on the Checkout Screen
To save time, you can click on the tip entry field on the checkout screen to view and select pre-calculated tip amounts based on your default tip settings.
- To get started, click Checkout at the top of the screen.
- Click on the All Customers option. Enter the name of the customer. Then, select it once it appears below.
- Click on the box next to Tip. Then, select the percentage you want to apply towards the payment.
You also can enter a custom tip in the box just above the tip percentages.
- Click Checkout when you are done selecting or entering the payment.
Setting Receipt and Tipping Options
- Click on the gear icon at the bottom of the screen. You'll find this icon under the Checkout option.
- Select the tipping options. You can select up to five. Click Don't ask for tip if you do not want to display these options.
- Select the switch to require digital signatures after completing credit card transactions.
- Click Save.
- Click OK to save your preferences, and you're all set! The setting will apply to all future checkouts!