If your customers are not getting email and text notifications or reminders, go through these troubleshooting steps when using the Vagaro Pro App:
- Make sure notifications and reminders are enabled in your Settings.
- Make sure the client has a valid email and phone number.
- Ensure that the notifications and reminders options are enabled in the client's profile.
Remember, if a customer books an appointment, class or workshop on your online booking page, they will not receive a text notification. But they will see a message on the screen confirming that the appointment was booked.
If you book an appointment on your calendar in your Vagaro account, the client will receive a notification.
Also, remember customers can only reply to email notifications. They can't respond to automated text messages as the messages come from a short code number, 89885.
- My Clients Aren't Receiving Appointment Notifications and Reminders (On the Web Version)
- How to Set Automatic Email, Text, and Push Notifications for Appointment Details, Reminders, and Confirmation Messages.
Let's get started!
Enabling Notifications and Reminders in Settings
1. Tap More at the bottom of the screen.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Select Email & Text Notifications.
4. Toggle the options to allow customers to receive the following notifications: Appointment Details, Confirmation Requests and Appointment Reminders. Tap Save at the bottom of the screen when you're finished.
Enabling Notifications and Reminders in a Client's Profile
1. Tap Customers at the bottom of the screen.
2. Select the customer.
3. Tap Edit.
4. Enter a valid phone number and email. The customer must have a valid 10-digit number. Also, do not enter a "1" in front of the number.
Remember, cell phone numbers cannot have special characters and must only be 10 digits (EX: 8009190157).
5. Toggle the SMS/Text, Email, and Push Notification options.
6. Tap Save.
Important Information for T-Mobile Users
T-Mobile customers who are not receiving text messages from Vagaro likely have the Message Blocking feature set on their account.
Message Blocking is a service that allows you to block messages to and from your phone. Thus, you can block incoming and outgoing text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS), Instant Messages (IM), and emails.
If this is the case, click the following link to receive text messages from Vagaro: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1712.
What if Customers Still Are NOT Receiving Notifications?
Instruct clients to look in their spam or junk folder. Also, make sure that they have entered their information correctly in their customer profile.