To see why customers are not getting email and text notifications or reminders, follow the steps below when using the Mobile Version of Vagaro:
- Make sure notifications and reminders are turned on in your Settings.
- Make sure the client has a valid email and phone number.
- Make sure that the notifications and reminders options are turned on in the client's profile.
Remember, if a customer books an appointment, class or workshop on your online booking page, they will not receive a text notification. But they will see a message on the screen confirming that the appointment was booked.
If you book an appointment on your calendar in your Vagaro account, the client will receive a notification.
Also, remember customers can only reply to email notifications. They can't respond to automated text messages as the messages come from a short code number, 89885.
- Clients Aren't Receiving Appointment Notifications and Reminders (On the Desktop Version)
- Setting Notifications and Reminders.
Let's get started!
Turning on Notifications and Reminders on the Mobile Version
1. Tap More at the bottom of the screen.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Select Email & Text Notifications.
4. Select the options to allow customers to receive the following notifications: Appointment Details, Confirmation Requests and Appointment Reminders. Tap Save at the bottom of the screen when you're finished.
Turning on Notifications and Reminders in a Client's Profile
1. Tap Customers at the bottom of the screen.
2. Select the customer.
3. Tap Edit.
4. Enter a valid phone number and email. The customer must have a valid 10-digit number. Also, do not enter a "1" in front of the number.
Remember, cell phone numbers cannot have special characters and must only be 10 digits (EX: 8009190157).
5. Select the SMS/Text, Email, and Push Notification options.
6. Tap Save.
Important Information for T-Mobile Users
T-Mobile customers who are not receiving text messages from Vagaro likely have the Message Blocking feature set on their account.
Message Blocking is a service that allows you to block messages to and from your phone. Thus, you can block incoming and outgoing text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS), Instant Messages (IM), and emails.
If this is the case, click the following link to receive text messages from Vagaro: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1712.
What if Customers Still Are NOT Receiving Notifications?
Instruct clients to look in their spam or junk folder. Also, make sure that they have entered their information correctly in their customer profile.