A SOAP note (which stands for Subjective, Objective, Assessment, and Plan) is a document that's used by healthcare providers to create a patient's chart. It's especially useful for assessing, diagnosing, and treating patients.
SOAP Notes make it easy to capture visit details for each client, retrieve history, and view progress. Additionally, you can duplicate, add to, or edit client SOAP Notes in an easy fashion. This is especially helpful for clients suffering from chronic conditions.
There are two types of SOAP notes you can add:
- SOAP notes and SOAP Notes Advanced, which contain more in-depth questions and an anatomy chart to pinpoint areas of treatment.
To access and add SOAP Notes to a client's profile in Vagaro, follow these steps:
- Tap Customers at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the customer.
- Tap the Fill New Soap button. Then select to add a regular SOAP note or an advanced SOAP note at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Submit after filling out the document.
Remember you also can add SOAP notes when editing an appointment on the Calendar screen and control employee access to the feature.
Let's get started!
- How Do I Add a SOAP Note?
- How Do I See Completed SOAP Notes?
- How Do I Control Employee Access to SOAP Notes?
How Do I Add a SOAP Note?
1. Tap Customers at the bottom of the screen.
2. Select the customer.
3. Select the SOAP tab.
4. Tap the Fill New Soap button at the top of the screen. Then select the specific note you want to add at the bottom of the screen. You can add a regular SOAP note or an advanced SOAP note.
5. If you selected an advanced SOAP note, you can use an anatomy chart to pinpoint areas of treatment.
6. Fill out the document. Then tap Submit.
How Do I See Completed SOAP Notes?
1. Once you access the SOAP notes screen in the client's profile, select the SOAP Notes or SOAP Notes Advanced option to view a note that was submitted by a client on a specific date.
2. Select a date to see a note that was submitted by a customer on a specific day.
3. If you tap the three dots at the top-right of the screen, you'll be able to view more details about the note. You also can print a copy or remove the document.
4. If you select the Details option, you'll be able to see when the client submitted the form. You also can see the Device and IP Address that was used as well as their Location. Tap Close when you're finished.
5. Tap Edit at the bottom of the screen to make changes to the SOAP Note.
6. Tap Submit after making the update.
How Do I Control Employee Access to SOAP Notes?
You can control an employee's ability to view, add, edit, and delete forms in your account. Once you locate the Forms Management access level, click View to allow the employee to see all the forms that you have created. Click Modify if you want them to be able to make edits and changes to forms. A green color means the option has been enabled. Click this link to learn more about access levels: How Do I Control What My Employees See and Change in Vagaro? (Access Levels)
Tap Save when you're finished.