A SOAP note (which stands for Subjective, Objective, Assessment, and Plan) is a document that healthcare providers use to create a patient's chart. It's beneficial for assessing, diagnosing, and treating patients.
SOAP Notes make it easy to capture visit details for each client, retrieve history, and view progress. Additionally, you can duplicate, add to, or edit client SOAP Notes.
There are three types of SOAP notes you can add:
- SOAP Notes Face adds a facial anatomy chart
- SOAP Notes
- SOAP Notes Advanced adds an anatomy chart to pinpoint treatment areas
All SOAP Note types include a Draw feature, letting you add notations, highlights, etc., to both the face and body templates and uploaded photos.
In this article, we will go over:
- Add a SOAP Note to a Customer's Profile
- View Completed SOAP Notes
- Control Employee Access to SOAP Notes
Add a SOAP Note
- Tap Customers.
- Select the customer.
- Select the SOAP tab.
- Tap Fill New Soap and select the note type to add.
- SOAP Notes Face provides a template of a face, and SOAP Notes Advanced provides an anatomy template. Use these to pinpoint areas for treatment. Both templates can be edited using SOAP Notes Draw to add notations, highlights, etc.
- You can also upload up to 5 photos to a SOAP Note of any type and use them to highlight (using the draw feature) areas that need attention.
- When you're done filling out the note form, adding images, and adding notes to images and templates, click Submit to save the SOAP Note.
View Completed SOAP Notes
- Go to the SOAP notes screen in the client's profile. Tap one of the options to see existing notes with submission dates.
- Tap a date to view and edit that note.
- Tap the Action menu (3 vertical dots) to view details about the note, print or delete the note.
The Details screen shows you the date and time, device, IP address, and location of the note's creation or last change.
Tap Close when you've reviewed the detail screen.
- Tap Edit to make changes to the note.
In Edit mode, you can make changes and additions to the fields in the note. You can also make additional notations on the face or anatomy templates associated with the note and uploaded images.
- Tap Submit when you're finished.
How to Control Employee Access to SOAP Notes
You can control an employee's ability to view, add, edit, and delete forms in your account. Click here to learn more.
- Navigate to More > Settings > Access Levels.
- Tap the Action menu (3 vertical dots) by an access level and select Edit.
- Scroll down to the Customers section.
- Set the access level for notes, forms and files:
- Set View on (green) to allow an employee to see all the notes you have created.
- Set Modify on (green) if you want them to be able to edit the notes.
- Tap Save.