If a customer fails to make it to an appointment, you can charge a cancellation fee by adding it as a service. To do this using the Desktop Version, follow these steps:
- Click Settings at the top of the screen.
- Select Service/Class Menu on the left side of the screen.
- Click the green Add button. Then select Service.
- Click Create Service.
- Enter No-Show-Cancellation Fee as the title and description of the service.
- Click Save after creating the item. Once you've selected the customer on the Checkout screen and added the service, you'll be able to enter the fee and charge the client.
Remember, you can set cancellation policies and enable credit card capture, which allows you to store credit cards to client files, in your Online Appointment Rules. Click this link for more information: How Do I Add a Cancellation Policy to My Online Appointment Rules?
Let's get started!
1. Click Settings.
2. Select Service/Class Menu.
3. Click the Add button. Then click Service.
4. Click Create Service.
5. Enter No-Show-Cancellation Fee as the Title and Description. Select Hide so that the service is not shown online. Then click Save when you're finished.
6. Now that we've added the cancellation fee as a service, we can collect payment. Once you've selected the customer and added the service to the Checkout screen, enter the fee in the box under Price.
7. Click Checkout at the bottom of the screen after entering the payment.