To charge a cancellation fee if a customer fails to make it to an appointment, follow the steps below when using the Desktop Version.
Charging a Cancellation Fee
1. Click Settings.
2. Click Inventory.
3. Click Edit. Then click Add a Product.
4. Enter the barcode. You also can enter a title such as "Cancellation Fee" for example. Then click Next.
5. Enter "No Show/Cancellation Fees" for the product name. You can also enter this as the description. Make sure to select a brand and product type as well.
Enter $0 or a random price under Selling Price. You can change the price when applying the fee on the checkout screen. Then enter a Quantity.
Click Submit when you are finished.
6. The product has been saved to the inventory list! You now can add it as a fee on the Checkout screen. Once you get to this screen, select the customer. Then select the Product option at the bottom.
7. Select the No-Show-Cancellation Fee you added. Then click Add Product.
8. You can see that the item has been added to the Checkout screen. On the right side, you can enter the fee in the Price field.
9. Click Checkout at the bottom-right corner of the screen after processing the payment.