To charge a cancellation fee if a customer fails to make it to an appointment, follow the steps below when using the Desktop Version.
Charging a Cancellation Fee on the Desktop Version
1. Click Settings at the top of the screen.
2. Click Inventory on the left sidebar under Things We Sell.
3. Click Edit. Then click Add a Product.
4. Enter a barcode. You can also enter a title such as "Cancellation Fee. Click Next to continue.
5. Enter "No Show/Cancellation Fees" for the product name. You can also enter this as the description. Make sure to select a brand and product type as well.
Enter $0 or a random price under Selling Price. You can change the price when applying the fee on the checkout screen. Then enter a Quantity.
Click Submit when you are finished.
6. The product has been saved to the inventory list! You now can add it as a fee on the Checkout screen. Once you get to this screen, select the customer. Then select the Product option at the bottom.
7. Select the No-Show-Cancellation Fee you added. Then click Add Product.
8. On the right side, enter the fee in the Price field.
9. Click Checkout at the bottom-right corner of the screen after processing the payment.