If a customer fails to make it to an appointment, you can charge a cancellation fee by adding it as a product. To do this using the Web Version, follow these steps:
- Click Settings at the top of the screen.
- Select Inventory on the left side of the screen.
- Click the Edit button. Then click Add a Product.
- Click Submit after creating the item.
Remember, you can set cancellation policies and enable credit card capture, which allows you to store credit cards to client files, in your Online Appointment Rules. Click this link for more information: How Do I Add a Cancellation Policy to My Online Appointment Rules?
Let's get started!
1. Click Settings.
2. Click Inventory.
3. Click Edit. Then click Add a Product.
4. Enter the barcode. You also can enter a title such as "Cancellation Fee" for example. Then click Next.
5. Enter "No Show/Cancellation Fees" for the product name. You can also enter this as the description. Make sure to select a brand and product type as well.
Enter $0 or a random price under Selling Price. You'll be able to modify the price when you apply the fee on the checkout screen.
Click Submit when you are finished.
6. The product has been saved to your inventory. You now can add it as a fee on the Checkout screen.
Once you get to this screen, select the customer. Select the No Show/Cancellation Fees product by first clicking the Product option at the bottom of the screen. Then click Checkout at the bottom-right corner of the screen after entering the payment.