The Online Appointment Rules feature allows you to set your online booking rules, including automated waitlist options, refund policies for customers making prepayments on your booking page as well as the cancellation, no-show, and rescheduling policies. You also can set a requirement to accept or deny a customer's request to book your business online.
Additionally, you can set cancellation policies. This allows you to charge a cancellation fee if clients do not adhere to your policy.
To set a cancellation policy in your Online Appointment Rules on the Desktop Version, follow these steps:
- Click Settings at the top of the screen.
- Select Online Appointment Rules on the left side of the screen.
- Once you're finished setting the cancellation policy and selecting the option to require credit card capture, click Save.
Let's get started!
1. Click Settings at the top of the screen.
2. Select Online Appointment Rules on the left side of the page.
3. Select Customers Can Cancel to allow customers to cancel an appointment. Then enter the minimum hours required before canceling. In the example below, we're requiring customers to cancel at least 24 hours before the appointment.
Select Automatically Refund for Pre-paid Appointments to refund customers who prepay for appointments online. A green color means that the option has been enabled.
4. Enter the refund policy.
5. Select Customers Can Reschedule to allow customers to schedule an appointment at a later date. Then enter the minimum hours required to reschedule. In the example below, we're requiring customers to reschedule at least 24 hours before the appointment.
6. Enter the appointment cancellation policy.
7. Select Require Credit Card for Online Appointments to require credit card capture. This allows you to save the customer's credit to their profile when they book online. Once you select this option, enter a minimum dollar amount for the capture. Click Save when you're finished.