The Online Appointment Rules feature allows you to save customer credit cards when clients book online so you can charge a cancellation fee if they fail to make it to an appointment. This is different than the Online Shopping Cart which allows you to require clients to prepay when booking online.
Additionally, you can set cancellation policies. So if clients do not adhere to your policy, you can charge a cancellation fee.
To set a cancellation policy in your Online Appointment Rules on the web version, follow these steps:
- Click Settings at the top of the screen.
- Select Online Appointment Rules on the left side of the screen.
- Hit Save after setting the cancellation policy and selecting the option to require credit card capture.
Let's get started!
1. Click Settings.
2. Select Online Appointment Rules.
3. Select to allow customers to cancel an appointment. Next, enter the minimum hours required before canceling or rescheduling.
4. Toggle to refund customers who prepay for appointments. A green color means that the option has been enabled.
5. Enter the refund policy.
6. Select to allow customers to reschedule an appointment. Next, enter the minimum hours required to reschedule.
7. Enter the appointment cancellation policy.
8. Toggle the switch to require credit card capture. The system will then prompt you to enter a minimum amount for the capture. Just enter the number in the box.
Click Save when you're finished.