The Online Appointment Rules feature allows you to save customer credit cards when clients book online. This way, you'll be able to charge a cancellation fee if they fail to make it to an appointment. This is different than the Online Shopping Cart which allows you to require clients to prepay when booking online.
Additionally, you can set cancellation policies. So if clients do not adhere to your policy, you can charge a cancellation fee.
To set a cancellation policy in your Online Appointment Rules on the web version, follow these steps:
- Click Settings at the top of the screen.
- Select Online Appointment Rules on the left side of the screen.
- Hit Save after setting the cancellation policy and selecting the option to require credit card capture.
Let's get started!
1. Click Settings.
2. Select Online Appointment Rules.
3. Select Customers Can Cancel to allow customers to cancel an appointment. Then enter the minimum hours required before canceling. In the example below, we're requiring customers to cancel at least 24 hours before the appointment.
Select Automatically Refund for Pre-paid Appointments to refund customers who prepay for appointments online. A green color means that the option has been enabled.
4. Enter the refund policy.
5. Select Customers Can Reschedule to allow customers to reschedule an appointment. Then enter the minimum hours required to reschedule. In the example below, we're requiring customers to reschedule at least 24 hours before the appointment.
6. Enter the appointment cancellation policy.
7. Select Require Credit Card for Online Appointments to require credit card capture. This allows you to save the customer's credit to their profile when they book online. Once you select this option, enter a minimum dollar amount for the capture. Click Save when you're finished.