A SOAP note (which stands for Subjective, Objective, Assessment, and Plan) is a document that's used by healthcare providers to create a patient's chart. It's especially useful for assessing, diagnosing, and treating patients.
SOAP Notes make it easy to capture visit details for each client, retrieve history, and view progress. Additionally, you can duplicate, add to, or edit client SOAP Notes in an easy fashion. This is especially helpful for clients suffering from chronic conditions.
There are two types of SOAP notes you can add:
- SOAP notes and SOAP Notes Advanced, which contain more in-depth questions and an anatomy chart to pinpoint areas of treatment.
To access and add SOAP Notes to a client's profile in Vagaro, follow these steps:
- Go to the customer's profile.
- Select the SOAP tab.
- Click the green Fill New SOAP button on the left side of the page.
- Select to add SOAP Notes or SOAP Notes Advanced.
Remember you also can add SOAP notes on the Calendar and Checkout screens and control employee access to this feature.
Watch this video, or follow the article below to learn more about SOAP Notes.
Let's get started!
- How Do I Add a SOAP Note to a Customer's Profile?
- How Do I View Completed SOAP Notes?
- How Do I Control Employee Access to SOAP Notes?
How Do I Add a SOAP Note to a Customer's Profile?
1. Click Customers at the top of the screen.
2. Select the client.
3. Select SOAP.
4. Click the green Fill New Soap option. Then select the document. You can select SOAP Notes Advanced or SOAP Notes.
5. If you selected SOAP Notes Advanced, you can use the anatomy chart to pinpoint areas of treatment. Click Save when you're finished filling out the document. Once you save a note, you'll be able to go back and review it. You also can make changes to the document.
6. If you selected SOAP Notes, enter the appropriate information. Then click Save at the bottom of the screen when you're done.
How Do I View Completed SOAP Notes?
1. Once you get to the client's profile, click the SOAP tab.
2. Select a date to see a SOAP note that was completed on a specific day.
3. Click Edit to make changes to a SOAP note that's been completed. Select Details to get more information about the completed document.
4. If you select the Details option, you'll be able to see when the client submitted the form. You also can see the Device and IP Address that was used as well as their Location.
5. If you select the Edit option, you'll be able to make changes to a SOAP note that's already been submitted. Click Save at the bottom of the screen when you're finished.
6. Once you edit the item and click Save, you'll be able to see the date the document was resubmitted in the client's profile.
How Do I Control Employee Access to SOAP Notes?
You can control an employee's ability to view, add, edit, and delete SOAP notes in your account. Once you locate the Forms Management access level, click View to allow an employee to see all the notes you have created. Click Modify if you want them to be able to make edits and changes to the documents. A green color means the option has been enabled. Click this link to learn more about access levels: How Do I Control What My Employees See and Change in Vagaro? (Access Levels)