A SOAP note (which stands for Subjective, Objective, Assessment, and Plan) is a document that healthcare providers use to create a patient's chart. It's beneficial for assessing, diagnosing, and treating patients.
SOAP Notes make it easy to capture visit details for each client, retrieve history, and view progress. Additionally, you can duplicate, add to, or edit client SOAP Notes.
There are three types of SOAP notes you can add:
- SOAP Notes Face adds a facial anatomy chart
- SOAP Notes
- SOAP Notes Advanced adds an anatomy chart to pinpoint treatment areas
All SOAP Note types include a Draw feature, letting you add notations, highlights, etc., to both the face and body templates and uploaded photos.
In this article, we will go over:
- Add a SOAP Note to a Customer's Profile
- View Completed SOAP Notes
- Control Employee Access to SOAP Notes
Add a SOAP Note
- Navigate to Customers > Customer Management.
- Select the customer.
- Click the SOAP tab.
- Click Fill New Soap and select the note type to add.
- SOAP Notes Face provides a template of a face, and SOAP Notes Advanced a whole body template. Use these to pinpoint areas for treatment. Both templates can be edited using SOAP Notes Draw to add notations, highlights, etc.
- You can also upload up to 5 photos to a SOAP Note of any type and use them to highlight (using the draw feature) areas that need attention.
- When you're done filling out the note form, adding images, and adding notes to images and templates, click Save to save the SOAP Note.
Note: See SOAP Notes Draw for complete information on using the drawing tool to add text, highlights, etc., to both face and anatomy templates and uploaded customer images.
View Completed SOAP Notes
- Go to the SOAP notes screen in the client's profile.
- Tap one of the options to see existing notes with submission dates.
- Click a date to view and edit that note.
- Click Edit to edit a SOAP note that's been completed. Select Details to get more information about the completed document.
- If you select the Details option, you'll be able to see when the client submitted the form. You can also see the Device and IP Address that was used as well as their Location.
In Edit mode, you can make changes and additions to the fields in the note. You can also make additional notations on the face or anatomy templates associated with the note and uploaded images.
- Save when you've made the changes you want.
After saving your changes, you'll see a new date for the resubmitted form in the profile.
Control Employee Access to SOAP Notes
To control an employee's access to the SOAP notes feature in your account:
- Go to Settings > Employees > Access levels.
- Click the Action menu (3 vertical dots) by an access level and select Edit.
- Scroll down to the Customers section.
- Select the access level for notes, forms and files:
- Set View on (green) to allow an employee to see all the notes you have created.
- Set Modify on (green) if you want them to be able to edit the notes.