The Online Appointment Rules feature allows you to save customer credit cards when clients book online. This way, you'll be able to charge a cancellation fee if they fail to make it to an appointment. This is different than the Online Shopping Cart which allows you to require clients to prepay when booking online.
Additionally, you can set cancellation policies. So if clients do not adhere to your policy, you can charge a cancellation fee.
To set a cancellation policy in your Online Appointment Rules on the Vagaro Pro App, follow these steps:
- Tap More at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Select Online Appointment Rules.
- Hit Save after setting the cancellation policy and selecting the option to require credit card capture.
Let's get started!
1. Tap More at the bottom of the screen.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Select Online Appointment Rules.
4. Select Customers Can Cancel to allow customers to cancel an appointment. Then enter the minimum hours required before canceling. For example, if you enter "24," the customer will be required to cancel at least 24 hours before the appointment.
Select Automatically Refund for Pre-paid appointments to refund customers who prepay for appointments when shopping on your booking page. A green color means that the option has been enabled.
5. Enter the refund policy. Select Customers Can Reschedule to allow clients to reschedule an appointment. Then enter the minimum hours required to reschedule. For example, if you enter "24," the customer will be required to reschedule at least 24 hours before the appointment.
6. Enter the appointment cancellation policy.
7. Select Require Credit Card for Online Appointments to require customers to enter their credit card details when booking online. This action saves their credit card to their customer profile.
Once you select this option, you can enter a minimum amount for the capture in the box under Greater than or equal to. For example, if you enter "1," the customer's purchase must be equal to or greater than this amount. Tap Save when you are finished.