The Online Appointment Rules feature allows you to set your online booking rules, including your automated waitlist preferences, refund policies for prepaid customers as well as the cancellation, no-show, and rescheduling policies. You also can set a requirement to accept or deny a customer's request to book the business online.
Additionally, you can set cancellation policies. This allows you to charge a cancellation fee if clients do not adhere to your policy.
To set a cancellation policy in the Online Appointment Rules, follow these steps when using the Mobile Version of Vagaro:
- Tap More at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Select Online Appointment Rules.
- Tap Save at the bottom of the page.
Adding a Cancellation Policy to the Online Appointment Rules
1. Tap More at the bottom of the screen.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Select Online Appointment Rules.
4. Select Customers Can Cancel to allow customers to cancel an appointment. Then enter the minimum hours required before canceling. For example, if you enter "24," the customer will be required to cancel at least 24 hours before the appointment.
Select Automatically Refund for Pre-paid appointments to refund customers who prepay for appointments when shopping on your booking page. A green color means that the option has been enabled.
5. Enter the refund policy. Select Customers Can Reschedule to allow clients to reschedule an appointment. Then enter the minimum hours required to reschedule. For example, if you enter "24," the customer will be required to reschedule at least 24 hours before the appointment.
6. Enter the appointment cancellation policy.
7. Select Require Credit Card for Online Appointments to require customers to enter their credit card details when booking online. This action saves their credit card to their customer profile.
Once you select this option, you can enter a minimum amount for the capture in the box under Greater than or equal to. For example, if you enter "1," the customer's purchase must be equal to or greater than this amount. Tap Save when you are finished.