The Product History allows you to keep track of any changes or updates to products on the Inventory List. You can specifically see the person who edited the product, the date and time it was modified, as well as what was changed.
To get started, follow these steps:
- Click Settings at the top of the screen.
- Select Inventory on the left side of the screen.
- Locate the product. Click the three dots that correspond to it on the right side of the screen. Then select History.
Let's get started!
1. Click Settings at the top of the screen.
2. Select Inventory on the left side of the screen.
3. Locate the product. Click on the three dots. Then select History.
4. When you get to the Product History page, you'll be able to see the following for each inventory item:
- The date a specific product was purchased, lost, damaged, expired, set for business use, sold, or refunded.
- The status type - whether the product was purchased, lost, damaged, expired, set for business use, sold, or refunded.
- The vendor of a product.
- If a product was edited or modified in any way.
- The employee who made changes to the item.
- The product cost.
- Any changes in the price sales of products.
- Refund amounts.
- If there were any increases or decreases in the quantity of a product.
- The number of points that were given or redeemed each time a product was sold.
- Any sales taxes that were added to a product during a transaction.
- The ability to edit a transaction that involved a product.
5. Click on the calendar icons to see a product history within a specific date range.
6. Click Select Type to filter the search by status. You can specifically filter the list by purchased, lost, damaged, expired, business use, sold, or refunded products. Click Search when you're finished.
7. To edit a product on the list, click the Edit button on the right side of the screen.
8. You can edit the Vendor, Business Cost, Sales Price, Quantity, Storage Location, and Display Location.
9. You can change the service provider who sold the item when editing Sold Products.
10. Click Submit when you're finished with the edits.
11. Click Export to export the file to an Excel. Click Print to get a paper copy.