A gift certificate is a voucher that a client gives to another customer as a present. You can add a dollar amount or service to it and choose from a variety of pre-made templates and designs when creating and selling them to clients.
To create gift certificates as donations or add them to track ones that have been sold from another program or system, follow the steps below.
- Click Reports at the top of the screen.
- Select Gift Certificates on the left side of the screen.
- Select New Gift Certificate.
- Click Add Gift Certificate when you're done creating the item.
Manually Adding a Gift Certificate in Vagaro
1. Click Reports at the top of the screen.
2. Select Gift Certificates on the left side of the screen.
3. Select New Gift Certificate.
4. Enter the Gift Certificate number or click on the Auto Generate option to generate a number. Click on the drop-down menu under Service/Class to assign a service to the gift card or enter an amount to assign a dollar amount. Click on the calendar icon to set an expiration date.
5. Enter the recipient's name. Click New if the customer does not have a profile. You can also customize the message as well as print or send a copy of the gift card to the recipient's email.
6. This screen appears when you select to email a copy of the gift certificate to the recipient. Click Send Email.
7. Under Template Type, click the drop-down to select a design template.
8. Select the image you want to add to the gift card. Then click Next.
9. Click Add Gift Certificate.