IOUs are issued to clients who are unable to pay for a service on the day of the appointment. Once an IOU is created, it gets added to a client's profile and included in all IOU reports so you can collect payment at a later date.
To get a customer to pay for an IOU in Vagaro, follow these steps:
- Click Reports at the top of the screen.
- Select IOU on the left side of the screen.
- Click Run Report after applying the appropriate search filters.
- Locate the customer and the IOU. Click the drop-down on the left side of the screen that corresponds to the item under Action. Then click Pay. This action takes you directly to the Checkout screen where you can collect payment.
Processing an IOU Payment
1. Click Reports at the top of the screen.
2. Select IOU on the left side under Customers.
3. Click the drop-down under Noted By to filter the report by the employee who created the IOU. Enter the name in the search box to find the client faster.
4. Click on the drop-down under Customer to filter the report by a specific client an IOU was assigned to. You can also enter the name of the customer in the search box. This allows you to find the client much quicker.
5. Click on the drop-down under Status to filter the report by status.
6. Click Run Report after selecting the filters you want to add.
7. Find the IOU on the list. Click on the Action drop-down that corresponds to the IOU on the left side. Then select Pay. This takes you to the Checkout screen where you can process the payment.
8. Click Checkout after entering the payment for the IOU.