Quickly create registration and intake forms from scratch or by using Vagaro's fully customizable builder. Build stronger relationships with clients by creating surveys to get feedback on how to improve your services.
Share links to liability waivers when sending emails and notifications to clients. Reduce wait times by getting customers to complete digital surveys before a class or when they check in and easily keep track of electronic signatures in Vagaro.
The Vagaro Form Builder allows you to select from a variety of templates to build forms that fit your business needs. Add multiple choice questions, headings, images, get clients to add electronic signatures and get customers to provide feedback about your services using a variety of rating scales.
Watch this video, or follow the article below to learn more about Forms.
To add surveys, forms, and waivers to your account, follow these steps:
- Select Forms at the top of the screen. Then click on the Create New Form button to begin building your items.
Let's get started!
- How Do I Create and Add a Form?
- How Do I Track and Manage Forms?
- How Do I Find and Complete a Form on the Calendar?
- How Do I Find and Complete a Form in a Customer's Profile?
- How Do I Add the URL Link to a Form in Email Notifications to Clients?
- How Do I Add the URL Link to a Form in My Marketing Emails?
- How Do I Control Employee Access to Forms?
- How Do I Deactivate the Forms Feature?
How Do I Add a Form?
1. Click Forms at the top of the screen.
2. Click Create New to add a new form.
3. Click Blank Form to create a new form. Notice you also can select one of the pre-made forms that are in the system by default. Let's go ahead and create a new form.
4. Enter the title or the name.
5. You'll be able to customize the form to your liking by adding different fields. You can find a variety of options on the left side of the screen.
6. To add a field, click on it. Then drag it over to the design of the form.
7. Each field has an option to require a client to provide a response as well as a function to move it to a different spot on the Form. Toggle the switch next to Required to require a response from the customer. Click on the three lines to move the field to a different spot on the form.
8. Additionally, each field allows you to create a duplicate field or delete it from the Design. Most fields also allow you to add your own image.
Let's now take a closer look at the different fields you can use to customize a form.
Short Answer Field
This allows the client to enter a short reply to your question.
Long Answer Field
This allows the client to enter a longer response to your question.
Choose One Field
This allows a customer to select a specific option when responding to your question.
Click Add an option to add an additional option for clients to select. Click on the X to remove an option.
Multiple Choice Field
This allows a client to select multiple answers when responding to your question.
This allows clients to select a specific response to your question after clicking on a drop-down.
This allows a client to select a rating based on your question. There are several options, including a numbers scale, text scale, and stars scale. Let's explore each of these items.
The numbers scale allows clients to give a rating by selecting a number.
The text scale allows clients to select how strongly they agree with your question or statement.
The stars scale allows clients to give a rating by selecting a star.
Contact Information Field
This allows a client to enter their contact information. Click on the box on the right side of the screen if you want that item to be included in the section. For example, if you select the box that corresponds to Email, the client will see this as an option when completing this in the form. However, if you deselect the checkbox, the customer will not see this item.
This allows you to add your own image to the form. Click Upload once you've dragged the field to the Design.
Click on the pencil icon to edit or remove the image. You also can add a caption to the image below.
When editing an image, you can change the dimensions of it. Click Apply when you're happy with the changes.
This field is helpful when you're trying to get information about a client's availability. The client will be able to select a date, indicating when they are available.
Click on the drop-down to select the specific option you want customers to choose when providing their availability.
This allows you to add a divider between modules.
This allows you to add additional text to the form, including a Heading or Paragraph.
Enter the text in the box after selecting whether you want to add a heading or paragraph.
This allows a client to add a signature to the form. This is typically added to the end of a survey, waiver or form. To add a signature, the client can use their mouse to draw the image on the screen.
Making a Form Available to Customers
Once you're finished designing the form, you can get a preview of how it will display to customers. Notice you can see how it appears on a computer or phone. You'll find the Preview options at the top of the screen.
At the bottom of the screen, toggle the Form is Mandatory for All Clients option to require clients to complete a form when they make any purchase or booking. Remember this requires the customer to submit the form just once. It also requires the client to fill out a form when registering or checking in on the Check-in App.
If you don't want to require customers to complete a form when they make any purchase or booking, toggle the option next to Require Form While Booking to require clients to submit a form before booking a specific service or class. Click on the drop-down below Appointments & Classes to require customers to complete a form when booking a specific class or service. For example, if you select Yoga, the client will be required to submit a form if they try to book this class.
If you clicked on the drop-down to select a class or service, click on the checkbox next to each item to select them. Click Add when you're finished. Now clients will be required to submit a form if they try to book the classes you selected.
Toggle the option next to Always Require Form to always require customers to submit a form each time they book a service or class. Click on the checkbox next to Require Vagaro login to fill out form to require customers to be logged into their account to complete a form.
Toggle the switch next to Require Form When Purchasing Membership to require clients to submit a form when buying a membership. Click on the drop-down below Memberships to require customers to complete a form when booking a specific membership. Toggle the option next to Always Require Form to always require clients to submit a form each time they purchase a membership.
Click Save for Later to save the form to your drafts so you can finish it later. Select Publish if you're ready to make it available to clients.
How Do I Track and Manage Forms?
When you go back to the main Forms page, you'll see that the survey has been published. You also can see how many people responded.
Click on the three dots on the right side of the screen to:
- Make changes to a form.
- Remove a form.
- Create a duplicate form.
- View responses from clients.
- Copy a URL link so that you can share the form with customers.
- Copy an embedded code so that you can add it to your website.
At the top of the screen, you can apply a search filter when searching for forms. You can filter it by items that have been saved to your Drafts or those that have been Published.
You also can enter a keyword in the Search box at the top of the screen to find a specific form.
How Do I Find and Complete a Form on the Calendar?
1. Once you get to the Calendar screen, select the customer and appointment. Then select Forms.
2. Click on the drop-down on the left side. Then select the form.
3. Click Save after completing it.
How Do I Find and Complete a Form in a Customer's Profile?
1. Once you access the client's profile and get to the Forms section, click on the drop-down to select the form.
2. Click Save after completing the form. Click this link to learn more about managing your customers: How Do I Manage Customers on the Web Version?
How Do I Add the URL Link to a Form in Email Notifications to Clients?
Once you access the Email & Text Notifications page, you can paste the link to the form in the box under Include this message in appointment emails.
Click Save at the bottom of the screen when you're finished.
How Do I Add the URL Link to a Form in My Marketing Emails?
1. Once you start customizing your email in the email builder, hover over the section that has the Button Links. Then click the pencil icon.
2. Click on the drop-down under Button Link. Then select Forms.
3. Click on the drop-down that appears under Forms. Then select the document.
4. Enter the text under Button Text. Notice the button below updates automatically to reflect the text you entered.
5. Customers will be directed to the link in the box under URL when they click the button you just created. Click Save when you're finished.
6. Click Send Now. Select the acknowledgment box. Then click Announce when you're ready to send the email to your customers. Click this link to learn more about email marketing: How Do I Send Marketing Emails to Clients in Vagaro?
7. When customers receive your email, they'll be directed to your form once they click the button you created.
8. The customer can then complete the form.
How Do I Control Employee Access to Forms?
You can control an employee's ability to view, add, edit, and delete forms in your account. Once you locate the Forms Management access level, click View to allow the employee to see all the forms that you have created. Click Modify if you want them to be able to make edits and changes to forms. A green color means the option has been enabled. Click this link to learn more about access levels: How Do I Control What My Employees See and Change in Vagaro? (Access Levels)
How Do I Deactivate the Forms Feature?
1. Click Settings at the top of the screen.
2. Select Forms on the left side of the screen.
3. Click Deactivate Forms.