IOUs are issued to clients who are unable to pay for a service on the day of the appointment. Once an IOU is created, it gets added to a client's profile and included in all IOU reports so you can collect payment at a later date. An IOU also appears automatically on the Checkout screen once the customer is selected. From there, you can check out the IOU.
To create an IOU in Vagaro, follow these steps:
- Click Reports at the top of the screen.
- Select IOU on the left side of the screen.
- Click Add IOU to create a new one for a client. Then you're set!
Related Article: How to Get a Customer to Pay an IOU.
Let's get started!
1. Click Reports at the top of the screen.
2. Select IOU on the left side of the screen.
3. Click Add IOU to issue a new IOU to a client.
4. Click on the drop-down to select the client you want to issue the IOU. Enter the amount they owe. Enter a comment. Then click Save when you're finished.
5. Once the IOU has been added, you can see it on the main IOU Management page. Once you find the item, click the Action drop-down that corresponds to it on the left side of the screen. Then click Pay. This takes you directly to the Checkout screen where you can check out the item.