IOUs are issued to clients who are unable to pay for a service on the day of the appointment. Once an IOU is created, it gets added to a client's profile and included in all IOU reports so you can collect payment at a later date.
To run detailed reports on all clients who have been given IOUs, follow these steps:
- Click Reports at the top of the screen.
- Select IOU on the left side of the screen.
- Click Run Report after applying the appropriate search filters.
- Click on the drop-down under Action to edit, void, or get a client to pay for an IOU.
Let's get started!
1. Click Reports at the top of the screen.
2. Select IOU.
3. Click on the drop-down under Noted By to filter the report by IOUs created by a specific employee. Select ALL to include all employees in the report.
4. Click on the drop-down under Customer to find an IOU issued to a specific client. Select ALL to include all customers in the report.
5. Click on the drop-down to filter the report by status.
6. Click Run Report.
7. Once you run a report, you'll be able to:
- Edit, void, and get a client to pay for an IOU.
- See the date an IOU was created.
- See the Closed Date or date an IOU was paid or voided.
- View the person who created and stopped the IOU.
- View the customer who was issued the IOU.
- See any comments that were entered.
- View the status.
- See the reason why an IOU was voided if it was canceled.
- Export an IOU report to an Excel or PDF file. You also can print a physical copy.
8. Click Add IOU to create a new IOU for a client.
9. Click on the drop-down under Action to edit, void, or get a client to pay for an IOU.