A gift certificate is a voucher that a client gives to another customer as a present. You can add a dollar amount or service to it and choose from a variety of pre-made templates and designs when creating and selling them to clients.
To see the history and and remaining balance of a gift certificate, follow these steps.
1. Click Reports at the top of the screen.
2. Select Gift Certificates on the left side under Customers.
3. Click Run Report after selecting the filters you want to use.
4. Find the gift card on the list. Click the drop-down list under Action. Then select History.
5. You can see the following:
- The date a gift card was created or modified
- The initial balance
- The remaining balance
- If there's a service or class tied to the gift certificate
- If the balance was increased or decreased
- The location where the item was redeemed
- The person who created the gift card