IOUs are issued to customers who are unable to pay for an item on the day of the service. Once an IOU is added to a customer's profile, you can view it when the customer is selected on the Checkout screen. From there, you can process a payment.
To add an IOU, follow the steps below:
Related Article: Add an IOU from Checkout - Web Version
1. Tap Checkout.
2. Select the customer who will receive the IOU.
3. Tap Shopping Cart to add a service or item to the Checkout screen.
4. Enter the IOU amount.
5. Tap Checkout.
6. Enter a Comment or reason for creating the IOU.
7. Tap Proceed at the bottom of the screen.
8. Select Print Receipt to get a copy of the receipt. Select No Receipt if you do not want a copy.
9. To process the payment of an IOU, select the customer who owes it on the Checkout screen. The IOU displays in the Shopping Cart.
10. Tap Checkout after entering the payment.