To split a payment between two credit cards, follow these steps:
- Once you access the Checkout screen, select the customer and the service.
- Enter the IOU amount on the right side of the screen. Then charge a partial amount to the credit card on file. Once you do this, you'll be able to charge the IOU amount to the second credit card.
Let's get started!
1. Click Checkout.
2. Select the customer.
3. Enter the IOU payment under the Amount Due on the right side of the screen after selecting the service. Then, click the Add button next to Credit Card.
3. Click Use Card on File if the customer already has a credit card attached to the profile. Click Use a Different Card to add or enter different credit card details.
4. Click Checkout.
5. Enter a comment. Then, click Yes.
6. You can print a receipt. You also can choose not to print one.
7. Click Charge Card.
8. Now you can charge the IOU amount to the second credit card. Click this article for more information: How Do I Get a Client to Pay an IOU?