To split a payment between two credit cards, follow these steps:
- Go to the Checkout screen. Then select the customer and the service.
- Enter a partial amount as an IOU on the right side of the screen. Charge the remaining amount to the credit card on file. Then click Checkout.
- After checking out the partial payment on the first card, go back to the Checkout screen and select the customer again. The IOU will appear automatically on the screen and you can charge the IOU amount on the second credit card.
*Remember, IOUs deposit to the owner's merchant account.
Splitting a Credit Card Payment
1. Click Checkout at the top of the screen.
2. Select the customer.
3. Enter the IOU payment under the Amount Due on the right side of the screen after selecting the service. Then click the Add button next to Credit Card.
4. Click Use Card on File if the customer already has a credit card attached to the profile. Click Use a Different Card to use another card.
5. Click Checkout.
6. Enter a comment. Then click Yes.
7. To get a copy of the receipt, click Print Receipt.
8. Click Charge Card when you're ready.
9. After checking out the partial payment using the first card, go back to the Checkout screen and select the customer again.
The IOU will appear automatically on the screen and you'll be able to charge the IOU amount using the second credit card.