To split a payment between two credit cards, follow these steps:
- Once you get to the Checkout screen, select the customer and the service.
- Enter a partial amount as an IOU on the right side of the screen. Next, charge the remaining amount to the credit card on file. Then click Checkout.
- Once you've checked out the partial payment on the first card, go back to the Checkout screen and select the customer again. The IOU will appear automatically on the screen and you can charge the IOU amount to the second credit card. Then you're all set!
*Remember, IOUs deposit to the owner's merchant account.
Let's get started!
1. Click Checkout.
2. Select the customer.
3. Enter the IOU payment under the Amount Due on the right side of the screen after selecting the service. Then click the Add button next to Credit Card.
3. Click Use Card on File if the customer already has a credit card attached to the profile. Click Use a Different Card to use another card.
4. Click Checkout.
5. Enter a comment. Then, click Yes.
6. To get a copy of the receipt, click Print Receipt.
7. When you're ready, click Charge Card.
8. Once you've checked out the partial payment using the first card, go back to the Checkout screen and select the customer again.
The IOU will appear automatically on the screen and you'll be able to charge the IOU amount using the second credit card.