Packages allow you to sell future visits and sessions in bulk. You can also set different auto-renew options, charging the client weekly, every four weeks, monthly, every two months, quarterly, yearly or after a set number of visits are completed. You can also do the following:
- Customize a package to fit your business needs.
- Add one type of class or service to a package.
- Combine different classes or services into one package.
- Offer a set series of visits or unlimited visits.
Once a package is created, you can sell it from the Checkout screen. You also can sell it on Vagaro.com, your booking page, your Instagram page, Facebook account, and your personal website or blog via the Vagaro booking widget.
If you choose to require auto-renewal, you can set an Auto-Renew Limit or the number of times you want to renew the package. This gives you more flexibility and control and provides clients with more payment options.
In this article, we will go over:
- Getting to the Packages Menu
- Managing Current Packages
- Creating a New Package
- Adding Services and Classes to a New Package
- Using the Mass Edit tool to set visits in a Package
- Grouping Services and Classes in a Package
- Setting Access Levels for Packages
Getting to the Packages Menu
1. Click Settings.
2. Click Packages.
Managing Current Packages
1. Enter the name of the package in the search box. Then click Search. The item will then appear below.
2. Click on the Action drop-down to edit or delete the package. Click on the Upload icon to export the file to an Excel sheet. This will export a list of all your packages as well as their descriptions, prices, charge frequencies, reward points, and statuses. Click on the Print icon to get a physical copy. You also can deactivate the package by toggling the Status switch. A green color means it's active.
Creating a New Package
You can choose not to require auto-renewal when creating packages. If you choose to require auto-renewal, you can set the Auto-Renew Limit or the number of times you want to renew the package. This gives you more flexibility and control and provides clients with more payment options.
1. Click New Package to create a new one.
2. Enter the name of the package. Then enter a description.
3. Enter the Price. Select the tax you want to apply. Then enter the Reward Points.
4. Select the Auto Renew option. This allows you to set an Auto Renew Limit or the number of times you want to renew the package.
5. Click on the drop-down to select the Charge Frequency. You can charge the client Weekly, Every 4 Weeks, Monthly, Every 2 Months, Quarterly, or Yearly. You also can charge the customer after a set Number of Completed Visits. This is only applicable if you turn on the auto-renew option when checking out the package.
6. Enter the Auto Renew Limit or the number of times you want to renew the package. You can also select an Unlimited number of visits.
7. To carry over a remaining balance in a package, select one of the following charge frequencies: Weekly, Monthly, Every Two Months, Quarterly, or Yearly. This allows the customer to carry over visits from one billing cycle to the next.
For example, if a customer has three visits remaining from a Weekly package, they can carry them over to the next week if this feature is turned on.
Click on the checkbox next to Carry Balance Forward to turn on this feature.
*Remember you won't be able to do so if you selected No. of Visited Completed as the charge frequency.
8. Select Show Package Online to make the package available online so that customers can see it on your Vagaro booking page and widget if you have your own website. A green color means the option has been turned on.
Adding Services and Classes to a Package
1. You can add a class and/or service to a package when creating it. Click the red Add button to get started.
2. Enter the name of the class or service in the search box. Then select the items you want to add to the package.
3. Click Select All to add all items to the package at once. Click Deselect All to deselect the options.
4. To select classes and services individually, click on the checkboxes next to each name.
5. Click Create Group to group the selected classes and services. This option allows you to group multiple items together and sell them as a unit.
Click Add to add the items to the package without grouping them. Once you perform this action, you will be able to group services and packages on the next screen as well.
6. Click Add to add more services and classes to the package.
Using the Mass Edit Feature to Add Visits
1. After adding items to the package, click Mass Edit to set the number of visits for multiple services and classes at the same time.
2. Click on the All Categories drop-down to select the service categories you want to add to the package.
3. Click Select All to select all the categories at the same time. Click Select None to deselect the categories.
4. Click on the All Services/Classes drop-down to select the services you want to add to the package after choosing the categories. Then select the services or classes by clicking on the checkbox next to each item.
5. You also can select all services and classes by clicking Select All. Click Select None to deselect the items.
6. Enter the number of visits for the selected categories, services, and classes. You also can select an Unlimited number of visits. Click Apply when you're finished.
7. The visits have been added!
8. To change the number of visits individually, enter the number in the field for that service on the right side. You can also set an unlimited number of visits.
Grouping Services and Classes
1. Select the services or classes you want to group.
2. Click Group.
3. Click Group to confirm the action.
4. The grouping has been confirmed! You can enter the number of visits or select an Unlimited number of visits for the grouping.
5. If you click Add to add more services and classes to the package, this resets the visit count for the grouping once you save the package. However, if you select any of the services in the listing to add more items to the grouping, this will not affect the visits that have already been sold.
6. Click Ungroup if you want to remove the grouping. Make sure to select the group first before removing it.
7. Click Delete to remove the services and/or classes from the package. Make sure to select the group first before removing them.
8. Click Save when you're finished.
Setting Access Levels for Packages
You can limit an employee's ability to view, add, and edit Packages by changing the settings on the Access Levels page. Follow these steps to get started.
- Go to the Settings section once you log in.
- Go to the Access Levels page.
- Find the access level you assigned the employee. Select the three dots corresponding to this option. Then select Edit.
- Find the Packages access level at the bottom of the screen. Then press Save after selecting View and/or Modify.
Click here to learn more about setting access levels.