Packages allow clients to purchase services and classes in bulk for future visits. When creating and designing packages, you specifically can do the following:
- Customize a package to fit your business needs.
- Add one type of class or service to a package.
- Combine different classes or services into one package.
- Offer a set series of visits or unlimited visits.
- Set your autopay charge frequency, charging customers weekly, every four weeks, monthly, every two months, quarterly, yearly or by a set number of completed visits.
Once a package is created, you can sell it from the Checkout screen. You also can sell it on Vagaro.com, your booking page, your Instagram page, Facebook account, and your personal website or blog via the Vagaro booking widget.
Additionally, you can choose not to require auto-renewal when creating packages. If you choose to require auto-renewal, you can set the Auto-Renew Limit or the number of times you want to renew the package. This gives you more flexibility and control and provides clients with more payment options.
Watch this video, or follow the instructions below to explore the various benefits of this feature.
Accessing the Packages Menu
1. Click Settings.
2. Click Packages.
Searching for and Managing Existing Packages
1. Enter the name of the package in the search box. Then click Search. The item will then appear below.
2. Click on the Action drop-down to edit or delete the package. Click on the Upload icon to export the file to an Excel sheet. This will export a list of all your packages as well as their descriptions, prices, charge frequencies, reward points and statuses. Click on the Print icon to get a physical copy. You also can deactivate the package by toggling the Status switch. A green color means it's active.
Creating a New Package
You can choose not to require auto-renewal when creating packages. If you choose to require auto-renewal, you can set the Auto-Renew Limit or the number of times you want to renew the package. This gives you more flexibility and control and provides clients with more payment options.
1. Click New Package to create a new one.
2. Enter the name of the package. Then enter a description.
3. Enter the Price. Select the tax you want to apply. Then enter the Reward Points.
4. Toggle the Auto Renew option. This will allow you to set an Auto Renew Limit or the number of times you want to renew the package.
5. Click on the drop-down to select the Charge Frequency. You can charge the client Weekly, Every 4 Weeks, Monthly, Every 2 Months, Quarterly, or Yearly. You also can charge the customer after a set Number of Completed Visits. This is only applicable if you enable the auto-renew option when checking out the package.
6. Enter the Auto Renew Limit or the number of times you want to renew the package. Notice you also can select an Unlimited number of visits.
7. You can carry over any remaining balances if you selected one of the following charge frequencies: Weekly, Monthly, Every Two Months, Quarterly, or Yearly. Remember you won't be able to do so if you selected No. of Visited Completed as the charge frequency.
Click on the checkbox next to Carry Balance Forward to enable this feature.
8. Toggle to make the package available online so that customers can see it on your Vagaro booking page and widget if you have an independent website. A green color means the option has been enabled.
Adding Services and Classes to a Package
1. You can add a class and/or service to a package when creating it. Just click Add.
2. You can enter the name of the class or service in the search box. Select the item once it appears below.
3. Click Select All to add all classes to the package. Click Deselect All to remove the selections.
4. You also can select classes and services individually. Just click on the checkboxes next to the name.
5. Click Create Group to group the selected classes and services. This option allows you to group multiple items together and sell them as a unit. Click Add to add the items to the package without grouping them. Once you perform this action, you will be able to group services and packages on the next screen.
6. Click Add to add more services and classes to the package.
Adding Visits with the Mass Edit Feature
1. After adding items to the package, click Mass Edit to set the number of visits for multiple items at the same time.
2. Click on the All Categories drop-down. Then select the categories.
3. You also can select all categories by clicking Select All. Click Select None to deselect the categories.
4. Click on the All Services/Classes drop-down. Then select the services or classes by clicking on the checkbox next to each item.
5. You also can select all services and classes by clicking Select All. Click Select None to deselect the items.
6. Enter the number of visits for the selected categories, services, and classes. You also can select an Unlimited number of visits. Click Apply when you're finished.
7. The visits have been added.
8. You can change the number of visits individually. You also can select an unlimited number of visits.
Grouping Services and Classes
1. Select the services or classes.
2. Click Group.
3. Click Group to confirm the action.
4. The grouping has been confirmed. You can enter the number of visits or select an Unlimited number of visits for the grouping.
5. Click Ungroup if you want to remove the grouping. Make sure to select the group first before removing it.
6. Click Delete to remove the services and/or classes from the package. Make sure to select the group first before removing them.
7. Click Save when you're finished.
Setting Access Levels for Packages
You can limit an employee's ability to view, add, and edit Packages by changing the settings on the Access Levels page. Locate the Packages access level at the bottom of the screen. Then click Save after selecting View and/or Modify. Click this link for more information on access levels: Employee Access Levels: What They All Mean.