A workshop is a short and intensive program dedicated to educating a small group of people about techniques and skills in a particular field.
Workshops enable businesses to make substantial extra income. They are also a great way to attract new customers, particularly if you offer free or low-cost sessions.
Payment for workshops is normally due up front, which helps with cash flow. Attendees are required to take all sessions in sequential order to gradually build a skillset.
Related Article: How to Create Workshops on the Vagaro Pro App.
- Adding a Workshop
- Booking a Workshop on the Calendar
- Making Changes to a Workshop
- Adding Students or Participants to a Workshop
- Deleting a Workshop
- Changing the Status of a Workshop
- Checking Out a Workshop
- Canceling a Workshop
- Moving a Workshop to Another Date
- How a Customer Books a Workshop
Creating a Workshop
1. To create a workshop, you first will need to go to the Service/Class Menu. Click Settings at the top of the screen.
2. Click Service/Class Menu.
3. Select the Classes option. Then click the green Add button. Remember attendees are required to take all workshop sessions in sequential order.
4. Click Create Class.
5. After entering a Title and Description, uploading a photo, selecting the Resources you want to add, entering a Business Cost, selecting an optional Sales Tax, and assigning an appointment Color, select the Workshop option to turn on the feature. Then enter the number of sessions you want to offer and set the Price for the sessions.
6. Under Performed by, toggle the options next to each service provider. A green color means that the employee has been added as an instructor to the workshop. A white color indicates that you have disabled the instructor's ability to provide the workshop.
Once you're finished setting up the Duration, Points Given as well as the Points Redeem for each employee, click Save, and you're all set.
Booking a Workshop
1. Select an available time slot. Then select New Class.
2. Select the workshop. Then click on the calendar icon to select the date. Click on the clock icon to select the time.
3. Click on the drop-down to select the trainer. Then enter the capacity and duration.
4. Click on the drop-down to select the resource.
5. You have an option to enter a comment in the box. Next, click on the drop-down to select a recurring option. You can repeat the workshop daily, weekly, monthly or yearly.
6. Click Book when you are done making the selections.
7. When you select a Workshop on the calendar, you can do the following:
- Make changes to the workshop (Edit)
- Add participants (Add Attendees)
- Delete the workshop (Delete)
- Check in customers to the session (Check-in)
- Change its status to Class in Process
- Check it out and collect payment (Class Complete)
- Cancel it (Cancel)
How to Edit a Workshop
1. Select the workshop on the calendar. Then click Edit.
2. If it's a recurring session, you can edit the session for that day or edit all the sessions in the series. Once you select the option you prefer, click Edit Class.
3. Notice you won't be able to change the service, date, time or name of the trainer or instructor. You also won't be able to change the recurring option or end date.
4. You have an option to enter a comment. You also can edit the capacity and duration as well as select a new resource.
5. Click Book when you're finished making the edits.
How to Add Students or Participants
1. Select the workshop on the calendar. Then click Add Attendees.
2. Place your cursor in the box under New. Then select the customer. You also can enter the customer's name and then select it once it appears below.
3. The customers' details appear on the right side of the screen once the clients are selected. Click on the minus sign next to each name to deselect the client. Click Next when you're finished making the selections.
4. You can see the number of sessions, the starting date, and price.
5. Click Add Attendee to add the selected participants to the workshop. Click Add Attendee and Checkout if you're ready to collect payment. This action will take you directly to the Checkout screen.
6. If you clicked Add Attendee, you'll see that the participants have been added to the workshop.
How to Delete a Workshop
1. Select the workshop on the calendar. Then click Delete.
2. This message appears if you've added attendees to the workshop. Notice you can't delete or cancel a workshop if participants have been added.
3. But you can delete sessions that don't have participants.
How to Check In Customers
1. Select the session on the Calendar. Then click Check-In.
2. Select Check-In All to check in all the customers in for the session. You can also check in customers individually by selecting the Check-In option corresponding to the customer on the right side of the screen.
On the left side of the screen, you can see the letter "P" next to all of the customers. This means that the customer has a package and has already paid for the session.
Click Apply when you're ready.
3. Since the participants have a package and have already paid for the session, you can mark them as Checked Out.
How to Change the Status
1. Select the workshop. Then click Class in Process.
2. The class is now In Progress.
How to Check Out a Workshop
1. Select the workshop on the calendar. Then click Class Complete. This action will take you directly to the Checkout screen.
2. Click Checkout after processing the payment for that customer.
How to Cancel a Workshop
1. Select the workshop on the calendar. Then click Cancel.
2. This message appears if you have added participants. Notice you can't delete or cancel a workshop if participants have been added.
3. But you can delete sessions if you have not added participants.
Moving a Workshop to Another Day
1. This message appears if you try to move a workshop to a different date. Notice that this action is not allowed.
How a Customer Books a Workshop
1. If the client wants to book a workshop, they first need to click on the Classes tab when they get to your booking page. Once they locate the class, they'll click Sign Up.
2. The customer will click Add to Cart to add the item to the shopping cart and continue shopping. They'll click Checkout to pay for the workshop.
3. The client can add additional participants. They'll click Next when they're done adding the attendees.
4. If the client adds a participant, they will be prompted to enter the person's name and contact info. They'll click Checkout when they're done adding the info.
5. The client will click Checkout to purchase the workshop sessions.
6. Once they've entered their credit card details, they can click Buy Now to confirm the purchase.
7. The client can track and view all their workshop sessions on the Appointments page in their Customer Profile.