A workshop is a short and intensive program dedicated to educating a small group of people about techniques and skills in a particular field.
Workshops enable businesses to make substantial extra income. They are also a great way to attract new customers, particularly if you offer free or low-cost sessions.
Payment for workshops is normally due upfront, which helps with cash flow. Attendees are required to take all sessions from beginning to end to slowly build a skillset.
- Add a Workshop
- Book a Workshop on the Calendar
- Edit a Workshop
- Add Students or Participants to a Workshop
- Delete a Workshop
- Change the Status of a Workshop
- Check Out a Workshop
- Cancel a Workshop
- Move a Workshop to Another Date
- See How a Customer Books a Workshop
Creating a Workshop
1. To create a workshop, you first need to go to the Service/Class Menu. Click Settings at the top of the screen.
2. Click Service/Class Menu on the left side under Things We Sell.
3. Select the Classes option. Then click the green Add button. Remember attendees are required to take all workshop sessions from beginning to end.
4. Click Create Class.
5. After entering a Title and Description, uploading a photo, selecting the Resources you want to add, entering a Business Cost, selecting an optional Sales Tax, and assigning an appointment Color, select the Workshop option to turn on the feature. Then enter the number of sessions you want to offer and set the Price for the sessions.
6. Under Performed by, select the toggle option on the left side if you want the employee to be an instructor for the workshop. A green color means that the employee has been added as an instructor. A white color indicates that you have disabled the instructor's ability to provide the workshop.
Next, set the Duration, Points Given as well as the Points Redeem for each employee. Then click Save.
Scheduling a Workshop on the Calendar
1. Now that we've added the workshop to our menu, let's schedule it on the calendar. Find the preferred day and employee calendar. Select an open time slot. Then select New Class.
2. Click the drop-down to select the workshop you want . Then click on the calendar icon to select the date. Click on the clock icon to select the time of the session.
3. Under Teacher Name, click on the drop-down to select the trainer. Then set the capacity and duration.
4. Below the Capacity and Duration, click the drop-down to select the resource you want to assign to the session.
5. Under Comment, a message you want to add to the workshop. Below this, click on the drop-down to select a recurring option. You can repeat the workshop daily, weekly, monthly or yearly.
6. Click Book when you are ready.
7. If you select a Workshop on the calendar, you can do the following:
- Edit the workshop (Edit)
- Add participants (Add Attendees)
- Delete the workshop (Delete)
- Check in customers to the session (Check-in)
- Change its status to Class in Process
- Check it out and process the payment (Class Complete)
- Cancel it (Cancel)
Editing a Workshop
1. Select the workshop on the calendar. Then click Edit.
2. If it's a recurring session, you can edit the session for that day or edit all the sessions in the series. Click Edit Class once you select the option you prefer.
3. Notice you can't change the service, date, time or name of the trainer or instructor. You also can't change the recurring option or end date.
4. Enter a comment if you desire. You can also edit the capacity and duration as well as select a new resource.
5. Click Book when you're ready.
Adding Students or Participants
1. Select the workshop on the calendar. Then click Add Attendees.
2. Place your cursor in the box under New. Enter the customer's name and then select it once it appears below. You can also select customers from the list.
3. The customers' information will show on the right side of the screen once the clients are selected. Click on the minus sign next to each name to deselect the client. Click Next when you're ready.
4. You can see the number of sessions, the starting date, and price.
5. Click Add Attendee to add the selected participants to the workshop. Click Add Attendee and Checkout if you're ready to collect payment for each client. This takes you to the Checkout screen.
6. If you clicked Add Attendee, you'll see that the participants have been added to the workshop.
Deleting a Workshop
1. Select the workshop on the calendar. Then click Delete.
2. Remember, you can't delete or cancel a workshop that has participants.
3. But you can delete sessions that don't have participants. Click Delete All when you're ready. This deletes all the sessions in the workshop.
Checking In Customers to a Workshop
1. Select the session on the Calendar. Then click Check-In.
2. Select Check-In All to check in all the customers for the session. You can also check in customers individually by selecting the Check-In option corresponding to the customer on the right side of the screen.
On the left side of the screen, you can see the letter "P" next to all of the customers. This means that the customer has a package and has already paid for the session.
Click Apply when you're ready.
3. Since the participants have a package and have already paid for the session, you can mark them as Checked Out.
Changing the Status of a Workshop
1. Select the workshop. Then click Class in Process.
2. The class is now In Progress.
Checking Out a Workshop
1. Select the workshop on the calendar. Then click Class Complete. This takes you to the Checkout screen.
2. Click Checkout after processing the payment for that customer.
Canceling a Workshop
1. Select the workshop on the calendar. Then click Cancel.
2. This message appears if you have added participants. Notice you can't delete or cancel a workshop if participants have been added.
3. But you can delete sessions if you have not added participants.
Moving a Workshop to Another Day
1. This message appears if you try to move a workshop to a different date. Notice that this action is not allowed.
How a Customer Books a Workshop
1. If the client wants to book a workshop, they first need to click on the Classes tab when they get to your online booking page. Once they find the class, they'll click Sign Up.
2. The customer will click Add to Cart to add the item to the shopping cart and continue shopping. They'll click Checkout to pay for the workshop.
3. The client can add additional participants. They'll click Next when they're done adding the attendees.
4. If the client adds a participant, they will be prompted to enter the person's name and contact info. They'll click Checkout when they're done adding the info.
5. Clicking Checkout allows the customer to purchase the sessions.
6. Once they've entered their credit card details, they can click Buy Now to confirm the purchase.
7. The client can track and view all their workshop sessions on the Appointments page in their Customer Profile.