Points are given to customers as an incentive to purchase more items from your business. Clients can collect points when they book classes and services or purchase products, memberships, and packages. They then can use these points to redeem items as long as the points total exceeds the redeemed value you set.
Take this for example. Let's say we want to reward a customer with a free service after making 10 purchases. You can enter "10" for the Points Given and "100" for the Points Redeemed for that specific service. In this instance, we are giving a customer 10 points each time they purchase that item and once they reach 100 points, they can redeem it or get it for free.
To assign points to services, follow the steps below. If you do not want to use points, you can enter "0" as the value for the points given and points redeemed.
Related Article: How to Use Points to Redeem Services and Products in Vagaro.
Let's get started!
1. Tap More.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Employee Profiles.
4. You'll have to add points to services for each employee. First, locate the employee. Then, tap the Services button.
5. Select the service.
6. Tap Edit.
7. Enter the Points Given as well as the Points Redeem. In the below example, customers will receive 50 points each time they book the service with this employee. Once they collect 500 points, they'll be able to redeem the service or get it for free.
8. Tap Save at the top of the screen.
On the Web Version
1. Click Settings.
2. Click Service/Class Menu.
3. Select the Services option from the top. Find the service. Click the three dots. Then select Edit.
4. Enter the Points Given as well as the Points Redeem. In the below example, customers will receive 50 points each time they book the service with those employees. Once they reach 500 points, they can redeem it or get it for free. Once you're finished, click Save. You're all set!
Now customers can use points from the store location and when shopping on the online booking page. Click this link to see how to use points from the store location.