The Online Appointment Rules feature allows you to set your online booking rules, including refund policies for customers making prepayments on your booking page as well as cancellation, no-show, and rescheduling policies. You also can set a requirement to accept or deny a customer's request to book your business online. This is especially helpful if you have clients who don't adhere to your cancellation policies and cancel bookings frequently.
To learn more about this feature, follow these steps:
- Tap More at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Settings. Then select Online Appointment Rules.
- Once you're finished, tap Save.
Let's get started!
1. Tap More at the bottom of the screen.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Online Appointment Rules.
4. Tap on the box to enter the hours for the Appointment Lead Time. This feature allows you to set how soon a customer can book an appointment with your business online, giving you enough time to make it to the appointment.
5. Enter the Appointment Search Limit. This feature allows you to set the number of available appointment times for your customers to book online.
Tap on the drop-down to set the Search Appointment Interval. Use this feature to set the time intervals between available appointment options online.
Toggle to allow customers to see the number of seats that are available in a class.
6. Tap on the drop-down to set the Employee Order that customers will see when booking services online. You can set the order by First Available service providers or by the Website Employee Line Up, found on the Settings page in Vagaro. You also can set the order by Best Reviewed service providers or by Alphabetical Order.
7. Tap to make the selection.
8. Toggle the Require Acceptance for Online Booking option to give your business the ability to deny or approve a customer's request to book your business online. Click on the checkboxes below this option to require acceptances for specific types of appointments or customers, including:
- New customer appointments.
- Old customer appointments.
- Outcall service appointments.
- Customers with a specific number of no-shows or cancellations.
Once you select to require acceptance for customers with a specific number of no-shows or cancellations, you will be prompted to enter a minimum number. For example, if you enter "5," this will require acceptance for clients who have at least five no-shows or cancellations.
9. Toggle to allow customers to cancel appointments. Then enter the minimum number of hours clients can cancel before an appointment.
10. Enter the refund policy. Toggle to allow customers to reschedule appointments. Then enter the minimum number of hours clients can reschedule before an appointment.
11. Enter the cancellation policy.
12. Toggle to accept American Express payments. Toggle the Require Credit Card for Online Booking option to capture or save a customer's credit card when booking online. Then enter the Greater than or equal to dollar amount below this option.
13. Toggle to only allow verified customers to leave reviews. Tap Save when you're finished.