Requiring credit card capture allows you to save a client's credit card information to their profile. You then can charge a cancellation fee if they do not make it to an appointment or class. To require credit card capture in Vagaro, follow these steps:
- Select Settings.
- Select Online Appointment Rules.
- Toggle the switch to require credit card capture.
- Enter a minimum amount for the capture.
- Select Save.
Remember when a customer puts their credit card on file, we charge $0.01 to ensure that the number and information are correct and the card is real. This is then voided automatically and the customer is not charged the amount.
Also, the credit card capture feature pertains only to your Vagaro booking page. It does not affect bookings you get from Yelp as this site does not require credit card capture at this point.
Let's get started!
On the Vagaro Pro App
1. Tap More.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Online Appointment Rules.
4. Toggle to accept American Express payments. Toggle the Require Credit Card for Online Booking option to capture or save a customer's credit card when they book online. Enter a minimum amount for the capture. Tap Save when you are finished.
On the Web Version
1. Click Settings.
2. Click Online Appointment Rules.
3. Toggle the switch to require credit card capture. The system will then prompt you to enter a minimum amount for the capture. Just enter the number in the box. Click Save when you're finished.