To reassign ownership of a Vagaro account if the current owner is retiring or selling the business to another person, follow the steps below when using the Mobile Version of Vagaro:
- Tap More at the bottom of the screen once you log in.
- Select Settings.
- Select Employee Profiles.
- Find the account owner's profile. Tap the three dots that correspond to the profile. Then select Reassign to begin the process.
*If you have a merchant account, make sure to cancel the account before changing ownership. To cancel a merchant account, email email@example.com or call 1-800-919-0157.
Let's get started!
Reassigning the Account Ownership
1. Tap More at the bottom of the screen once you log in.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Employee Profiles.
4. Find the owner on the list. Then tap the three dots.
5. Tap Reassign.
6. Tap Reassign Account Ownership. Then tap Continue.
7. Enter the password. Then tap Login.
8. The new account owner will be required to add a credit card to the account. Review the message. Then tap Continue.
9. Tap the drop-down menu under Select New Owner to select a new account owner. Tap Add Employee if the new owner does not have an employee profile.
Under Select Access Level, select the access level you want to assign to the new owner. When you're finished, tap Continue.
10. Enter the credit card details. Then tap Continue.
11. Review the Reassign Account Ownership summary. Then tap Reassign Ownership once you are done.
12. If the current account owner has credit card processing, you'll see a warning message when attempting to reassign the ownership to a person who does not have a merchant account. The new owner will be instructed to create a merchant account to keep the credit card processing feature active on the account.
Once the user presses continue, they will be directed to the credit card processing screen to create a new merchant account.
If the new account owner already has credit card processing, they will be able to select the correct merchant account for the business when reassigning ownership. This activates credit card processing for the user.
Reassigning a Calendar to Another Employee
Remember, you can only reassign a calendar to an employee who does NOT have hours or services added to the profile. Let's get started!
1. To get back to the Employee Profiles page, tap More at the bottom of the screen. Tap Settings. Then tap Employee Profiles.
2. Find the account owner. Then tap the three dots that correspond to the profile.
3. Tap Reassign.
4. Tap Reassign Calendar. Then select the service provider or tap Add Employee if the person does not have a profile to create a new profile and reassign the calendar to the new one.
Tap Save when you're finished.
5. Tap OK to confirm the reassignment.