Set cancellation policies and charge customers who fail to make it to an appointment in Vagaro. Businesses can charge clients either the full amount or a percentage of a service cost if customers do not adhere to a set cancellation policy. Read the article below for more information.
Please note: You first will need to mark the appointment as a no-show or cancellation on your calendar. Please follow these steps.
1. Click on the appointment on the calendar screen. Next, click No Show to confirm the customer was a no-show.
Click Cancel to confirm the cancellation. This way, the no-show or cancellation will appear in your reports. Click on the following link to learn how to run this specific report: How to Run Reports on Cancellations and No-Shows.
2. Enter a message. Then, click Notify Customer to let the customer know you will be charging them for the no-show.
3. Click on the specific cancellation option if canceling an appointment. Then, click Cancel Appointment(s).
How to Set a Cancellation Policy on the Online Appointment Rules Page
1. Click Settings. Then, click Online Appointment Rules.
2. Toggle the Customers Can Cancel switch to allow customers to cancel appointments. A green color indicates that the option has been enabled. Next, enter the number of hours customers can cancel before the appointment time.
3. Toggle the Customers Can Reschedule switch to allow customers to reschedule appointments. A green color indicates that the feature has been turned on. Next, enter the number of hours customers can reschedule before the appointment time.
4. Enter the cancellation policy.
5. Click Save when you're finished.
6. You also can enter the cancellation policy in your appointment detail emails. Just click Settings. Then, click Email & Text Notifications.
7. Enter the cancellation policy in the Appointment Emails textbox. Click Save when you are finished.
How to Set Policies for the Online Shopping Cart
1. Click Settings. Next, click Online Shopping Cart.
2. Enter your Refund Policy. Next, enter the Purchase confirmation message.
12. Enter your cancellation policies for both appointments and classes.
13. Click Save when you are finished.