Set cancellation policies and collect payments from customers who are unable to make it to appointments in Vagaro. Businesses can charge clients either the full amount or a percentage of a service cost if customers do not adhere to a set cancellation policy.
How to Mark An Appointment as a No-Show or Cancellation on Your Calendar
Please note: You first will need to mark the appointment as a no-show or cancellation on your calendar. Please follow these steps.
1. Click on the appointment on the calendar screen. Next, click No Show to confirm the customer was a no-show.
Click Cancel to confirm the cancellation. This way, the no-show or cancellation will appear in your report. Click on the following link to learn how to run this specific report: How to Run Reports on Cancellations and No-Shows.
2. Enter a message. Then, click Notify Customer to let the customer know you will be collecting the payment for the no-show.
3. Click on the cancellation option if canceling a recurring appointment. Then, click Cancel Appointment(s).
How to Set a Cancellation Policy on the Online Appointment Rules Page
1. Click on Settings. Next, click on Online Appointment Rules.
2. Select to allow customers to cancel an appointment. Next, enter the minimum hours required before canceling or rescheduling.
3. Toggle to refund customers who prepay for appointments. A green color means that the option has been enabled.
4. Enter the refund policy.
5. Select to allow customers to reschedule an appointment. Next, enter the minimum hours required to reschedule.
6. Enter the appointment cancellation policy.
7. You also can enter the cancellation policy in your Appointment Detail emails. Just click Settings. Then, click Email & Text Notifications.
8. Enter the policy in the textbox. Click Save when you are finished.
How to Set Policies for the Online Shopping Cart
1. Click Settings. Next, click Online Shopping Cart.
2. Enter your Refund Policy. Next, enter the Purchase confirmation message.
12. Enter your cancellation policies for both appointments and classes.
13. Click Save when you are finished.
How to Charge a Cancellation Fee by Adding it as a Product
1. Click Settings.
2. Click Inventory.
3. Click Edit. Then, click Add a Product.
4. Enter an ID number. Then, click Next.
5. Enter "No Show/Cancellation Fees" for the product name. You also can type a description. Make sure to select a brand and product type as well.
6. Enter $0 or a random price under Selling Price. You'll be able to modify the price when you apply the fee on the checkout screen.
7. Click Submit when you are finished.
8. The fee has been saved to your inventory.
9. Let's go to the checkout screen to apply the fee.
Click Checkout. Then, click +Product at the bottom of the screen.
10. Search for the fee by entering the ID, the brand name, or the product name in the search box. Then, click on its ID once it appears on the left side of the screen.
11. The fee has been added to the checkout screen. Enter the amount in the box under Price($).