Vagaro offers cheap credit card processing rates as well as a slew of other benefits, including the ability to sell services, products, memberships, products, and gift certificates online, store credit cards, create cancellation, and no-show policies, and require credit card payments online.
Additionally, you become eligible to receive a free credit card reader once the application is approved. This includes the Vagaro EMV Chip Readers.
In this article, we will go over:
- How to sign up on the Mobile Version
- How to sign up on the Desktop Version
- What's Required to Complete the Application
*Remember, we are not able to integrate with third-party systems at this time so if you are using another credit card processor, you must record the transactions separately in Vagaro.
Let's get started!
On the Mobile Version
1. Tap More.
2. Tap Credit Card Processing Application.
3. Find the plan you prefer. Then tap Sign Up. You can choose either the Small or Large Merchant plan.
4. Enter your business, personal and bank information. Then tap Sign Application when you're finished.
5. There's no credit check so the approval process is instant. You'll receive the below email once the merchant account is approved. Tap the Get Free EMV Credit Card Reader button to place an order for a free reader.
On the Desktop Version
1. Click Settings at the top of the screen.
2. Click Credit Card Processing.
3. Click Activate.
4. Select the Business Account button. Then click Start Your Credit Card Application.
5. Find the merchant plan you prefer. Then click Sign Up.
6. Click Submit Application when you're finished entering your business, personal, and bank information.
7. There's no credit check so the approval process is instant. You'll receive the below email once the merchant account is approved. Click the Get Free EMV Credit Card Reader button to place an order for a free reader.
Federal law requires that all financial institutions verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
The following information is required to activate your Vagaro merchant account:
- Full legal name
- Social Security number (SSN) or Employee Identification number (EIN)
- US-based bank account
- Date of birth: Current credit card regulations require our customers to be 18 years of age or older to create a merchant account.
- US home mailing address
- Your bank account
Social Security Number Requirement
We are required by banking industry regulations and federal law to ask for the Social Security number, date of birth, and full name for all our merchant account holders. There is no way to create a merchant account without this information.
Even if you plan to use our merchant services as a business or organization, in order to create an account you must provide your individual name, mailing address, date of birth, and a valid SSN or EIN.
Choose a Business Type
When signing up, you have to classify how you’ll use our merchant services by selecting your business type. Vagaro will use this information to provide you with the best features to help you grow your business.
If you’ve already set your business type and would like to change it, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.