Credit Card Reader Troubleshooting (Android)
Not all Android devices are created equal. Please check to see if your device is compatible with our mobile credit card reader
To check to see if your device is compatible with the credit card reader, please visit the Mobile Credit Card reader compatibility list: http://support.vagaro.com/entries/22944841
If your credit card reader isn't working properly, please try the following hardware troubleshooting tips:
Make sure credit card processing has been setup correctly on Vagaro
For more information on how to place the API Login and Transaction key into your Vagaro account and Credit Card Merchant Setup, please click here: http://support.vagaro.com/entries/23172876
Note: If a problem with either the credit card or your card reader prevents you from swiping, you can enter the credit card information manually. Note that your transaction will be subject to higher, key-entered rates.
Make sure that there isn't a cover on the device. Even if it is very thin, it can impede the reader from making a full connection.
Check Microphone Permissions
1. Go to your phone Settings and then go to Apps, then Permissions
2. Enable the Microphone permission.
Force close all running applications
1.On your android device click on the square icon at the bottom of the screen and then swipe all running apps away including Vagaro Pro.
2. Open Vagaro and try to do a test transaction with the credit card reader.
Uninstall / Reinstall Vagaro Pro
1. Uninstall the app from your device. The best way is to open up the Play Store, find Vagaro and then click Uninstall.
2. Once the app has been uninstalled please restart the device. This can be done by holding the power button until it turns off on its own.
3. Once the device has restarted go back to the Play Store and Install Vagaro Pro.
If your device does not have the latest version of its operating system this may cause the reader not to work properly.
To ensure that you have the latest version go to your phone settings and then go to About Phone