To refund a cash transaction using the Desktop Version in Vagaro, follow these steps:
- Click Reports at the top of the screen.
- Select Transaction List on the left side of the screen.
- After adding the appropriate filters, click Run Report.
- Locate the item on your transaction list. Click the Action drop-down menu that corresponds to it. Then, click Refund to begin the process.
Let's get started!
1. Click Reports at the top of the screen.
2. Select Transaction List on the left side of the page under Sales.
3. Select a date range under Transactions From-To. In the example below, we selected Jan. 01-2019 to Jan-31-2019. This means that we will be able to view all transactions that were checked out during this period.
Click the drop-down under Service Providers to select the transactions of the employees you want to include in the report.
Click the drop-down under Customer to see the transactions of a specific customer.
4. Select Advanced Filters to apply additional filters to the report. This allows you to narrow your report even further.
5. After clicking Advanced Filters, you'll be able to add more filters. Click this link to learn more about these filters and running a transaction list report: How to Run a Transaction List Report.
6. Once you're finished adding the filters, click Run Report.
7. After locating the transaction, click the Action drop-down that corresponds to it on the left side of the screen. Then click Refund.
8. Locate the item you want to refund. Click the box that corresponds to it under Cash Refund. In the example below, we clicked on the Cash Refund box that corresponds to the Women's Haircut service.
9. Enter the amounts you want to refund. Then click Next.
10. You can distribute the refund as cash or gift certificate. When you're finished, click Refund.
11. Enter a reason for the Refund. Click Email Receipt to email the receipt to the client. Click Print Receipt to get a paper copy.
12. Click Refund.
13. Click OK to confirm. You'll see that the transaction has a status of Refund on the transaction list.