To refund a transaction using the Desktop Version in Vagaro, follow these steps:
- Click Reports at the top of the screen.
- Select Transaction List on the left side of the screen.
- After adding the appropriate filters, click Run Report.
- Locate the item on your transaction list. Click the Action drop-down menu that corresponds to it. Then, click Refund to begin the process. You can give cash, credit card, and gift certificate refunds.
Let's get started!
1. Click Reports.
2. Click Transaction List.
3. Click Run Report after setting a date range and applying the appropriate filters. Click on the following link to learn how to run a transaction list report: How to Run a Transaction List Report.
4. Locate the item and then click on the Action drop-down menu that corresponds to it. Next, click Refund.
5. Click on the box under the appropriate refund box.
6. Enter the Refund Amount. Then, click Next.
7. Enter how you want to distribute the refund amount. Then, click Submit.
8. Enter the reason for the refund. Click on the checkboxes below to email or print a copy of the receipt. Then, click Submit.
How to Refund a Gift Certificate
1. This screen will appear when attempting to refund a gift certificate. Click Add Existing or click Add New to create a new gift certificate.
2. Select the gift certificate and then click Submit if you clicked Add Existing.
3. Create a new certificate if you selected Add New. You can scan the gift certificate number, enter it or click Auto Generate to populate a new number. Click Submit when you are finished.
4. Click OK to confirm the refund.
You'll be able to see the refunds when you run your next Transaction List report.