Automated emails are recurring messages you can send to customers on a consistent schedule. You can specifically send:
- Birthday emails to make your clients feel special.
- Thank you and follow-up emails to touch base with clients who recently visited.
- Lost customer emails to connect with clients who haven't been to the business for a long time.
To learn more about sending automated emails, follow the guide below.
*Remember, if you send an email to Lost Customers, make sure the clients have been checked out or marked as a Show. This is how Vagaro recognizes a lost customer. You can change the status of an appointment by selecting it on the calendar and then by selecting the status. For the client to receive a Thank You email, the service must be checked out.
Let's get started!
Sending Automated Emails
1. Click Marketing at the top of the screen.
2. Select Create Email & Daily Deals.
3. Select Create new email or daily deals.
4. Enter the email title.
Three Types of Automation
Birthday allows you to send an email to your customers for their birthday up to thirty days in advance.
Lost Customer checks to see who has not come in for a selected date range. This gives you the opportunity to give them a special discount for coming back.
Note: This option ONLY works if you CHECKOUT your customers. Otherwise, the system will assume the customer has not come in for any visits in the past.
Thank You sends a thank you email up to a week after a customers visit. You can create these for first-time customers as well as customers who visit regularly.
5. Choose either Send to All Customer or Send to a Filtered List. If you select Send to All Customers skip below to select a template for the email.
Sending an Email to a Filtered List
6. Select Send to a Filtered List to send the email a specific client list. You can sort by Customer Since, Last Visit, No of Appointments Between, Amount Paid, General Tag, Referred By, Customers of Employees, Birthday, Gender, Past Services/Classes/Packages, Memberships or Age Between.
7. When selecting the Age Between, use slide the scale to adjust the age range.
8. To filter by Past Services/Classes/Packages, click on the box under this option. A drop-down menu will then appear.
9. Click Select All to include customers who have received all Past Services, Classes, and Packages in the email. Click Deselect All to reverse the selections.
10. You also can select Services, Classes, or Packages individually by clicking on the checkbox next to the name. Click Apply when you are finished making the selections.
The selected Services, Classes, and Packages will appear in the box under the Past Services/Classes/Packages filtered list.
11. You also can filter the email by customer memberships. Click on the drop-down menu to select a membership. Click Select All to include all memberships in the email.
Selecting a Template
12. Select a template category from a drop-down menu and then pick a theme.
13. Select a module to add to your email. Simply click and drag the module from the left side to the email body.
Here is a larger view of the modules you can select.
14. When adding an image module, you can upload a new image or Select from Gallery.
15. Choose either Upload Image or select a folder and choose an image.
16. When you select your photo, you can adjust the size of it and add a hyperlink so when a person clicks on the picture it will take them to a website or download a file. Click Save when you're done.
17. You can rearrange the modules by dragging them up or down.
18. Select the pencil icon to Edit a module or the trash icon to Delete a module.
19. To preview the email and see what it looks like from a person's computer without all the editing options or spaces, click the Preview tab with the computer screen icon.
20. To see what the email looks like on a phone, click on the mobile preview tab.
21. Select the time you want to send the email.
22. Click Save for Later to save the version to your drafts. This allows you to work on the email at a later date.
Click Send Preview Email to email a copy to the business before sending it. Click Announce if you're ready to send it.
What Happens if I Reach the Email Limit?
You'll receive this notification when you reach your email limit. Select View Email Plans to choose a different Email Marketing Plan from the Vagaro account.