A class is a session that an instructor provides for a group of participants or attendees. Examples of classes include Yoga, Boxing, and Martial Arts. You can add a Vagaro class that's already in your account by default or you can add a customizable class that's more unique to your business.
To add a class, follow these steps:
- Click Settings at the top of the screen.
- Select Service/Class Menu on the left side of the screen.
- Click the green Add button. Then select Class.
- Click Add Vagaro Class to add a Vagaro class. Click Create Class to create a custom item.
- After you're finished creating the item, click Save.
*Remember, you first need to book a class session on your calendar before customers are able to book it online. Click this link for more information: How to Book a Class Session on Your Calendar.
Let's get started!
1. Click Settings at the top of the screen.
2. Click Service/Class Menu.
3. Click the green Add button. Then select Class.
4. Click Add Vagaro Class to add a Vagaro class. Click Create Class to create a customized one. Let's add a Vagaro Class first.
Adding a Vagaro Class
1. Click Add Vagaro Class. Remember Vagaro classes are searchable on www.vagaro.com whereas custom classes are not.
2. Click on the checkboxes to select the classes. Then, click Save. This action adds the classes to your Services/Classes Menu.
3. Once you've added the class, you'll see it on the Services/Classes Menu. Click the three dots that correspond to it. Notice you have three options. You can:
- Edit or make changes to the class.
- Insert a new class under the current one.
- Delete the class from the Services/Classes Menu.
Creating a Custom Class
1. Click Create Class. Remember, custom classes are not searchable on www.vagaro.com.
2. Click Choose File to add an image to the class. Then enter the Class Name and Description.
3. Click on the drop-down under Resource to select a Resource. A resource is a room or a tool that's required to perform a service. For example, you can add chairs, rooms or a type of equipment. Click Add New Resource below to add additional resources to the service.
4. Enter the Business Cost or the expense for providing the service. Then select the sales tax you want to add. Remember, you first have to add your tax rates in the Taxes & Checkout page before adding it to the class. Click this link for more information: How to Add Tax Rates and Update Your Taxes & Checkout Settings.
5. To select the color you want to assign to the class, click on the drop-down on the right side of the screen that has the circle with a red line. Then select the color. The class will display in this color on your calendar when it's booked.
6. Toggle the Show class online option to make the class available for customers to schedule on your booking page.
Toggle the Workshop option if you would like to create the class as a workshop. A workshop is a short and intensive program dedicated to educating a small group of people about techniques and skills in a particular field. All of the sessions are done in sequential order. Click this link for more information: How to Add a Workshop in Vagaro.
Enter the Number of Sessions. Then enter the price for those sessions. Click Add New Sessions to add additional sessions and prices.
7. Toggle the options under Performed By if you want the employees to provide the class. A green color means the employee has been selected to perform the class.
Enter the Duration (time length), Points Given and Points Redeem after you're finished entering the prices. The points feature allows customers to collect points when they book a class. In the example below, since we've entered "60" for the Points Given and "600" for the Points Redeem, this means that the customer will get 60 points each time they book this class. Once they collect a total of 600 points, they'll be able to redeem it or get it for free.
To learn how to use points once you've assigned points to an item, click this link: How to Use Points to Redeem Services, Classes, and Products in Vagaro.
8. Click Save at the bottom of the screen when you're finished.