Limit access and keep your Vagaro account safe with the Safe IP Addresses feature. Vagaro offers a way to block ALL IP addresses from logging into your Vagaro account from the web version of Vagaro as well as the Vagaro Pro App. The only exception to this feature would be the IP addresses you set as Safe IP Addresses. More specifically, you can make changes to the settings so that Service Providers are not allowed to log into their account unless they are physically at your place of business or at home. This forum will go over how to set up a trusted IP as well as explain the new access level associated with this feature.
Note: This will only work if your Static IP address is continuous. A Dynamic IP address works for a certain period of time and has to be updated when an Internet Service Provider updates its IP. Please check with your Internet Service Provider and find out if you have a Static or Dynamic IP address.
Click on the link below to get to the Access Levels settings page:
Otherwise, follow the instructions below.
Please also note that this feature will not affect the account owner. It will only affect service providers.
1. Click on Settings. Next, click on Access Levels under Employees on the left-hand side.
2. Click Safe IP Addresses.
3. Your IP is located on the right-hand side of the screen. Click Add IP Address to add your IP to the trusted list. You also can find your IP address if you're working from a remote location by going to Web sites such as https://www.whatismyip.com, http://www.ipchicken.com, and https://whatismyipaddress.com. These sites will reveal your ISP once you get to the page.
Note: Only the Account Owner can perform this task.
4. Enter the Location (Work or Home). Next, add the IP Address. Click Save when everything is set.
5. Your IP Address will be added to the Safe List. If you need to temporarily disable access to a certain IP address, click the toggle switch left of the location. Hovering over the location will allow you to Edit and Delete IPs if necessary.
6. Make sure that the option to Login from any IP address is toggled off in the screen below. You will find this option when you click on the New Access Level button in the Access Levels page. To access, click on Settings, click on Access Levels, and click on the green New Access Level button. You will find the Login from any IP address option at the bottom of the screen.
You also can access the Login from any IP address by hovering over any of the existing Access Level titles on the Access Levels page. Next, click on Edit, and scroll down to the bottom of the screen. For example, if you have an employee who has the Service Provider Commission access level you would just hover over this title and click on the Edit option. You then would just scroll down to the bottom of the screen to find the Login from any IP address option.
A service provider, whose Login from any IP address option has been toggled off, will get the message below when trying to log in from the Vagaro Pro App. They have to connect to a WiFi network with a trusted IP address to access the system.