As the owner of the Vagaro account, you can set Access Levels for each employee. Think of access levels as permissions or roles that can be customized to restrict your employees from viewing and/or editing specific features in Vagaro. Remember the owner of the account always has full access.
In this article, we will go over:
- Setting Access Levels (next)
- Definition of Access Levels
Setting Access Levels
- Navigate to Settings > Employees > Access Levels.
The Access Levels page provides you with a set of default access levels: Admin, Service Provider Commission, Manager/Supervisor, Service Provider Booth Renter, and Owner.
- To work with access levels:
- Edit one of the default access levels (click More and then Edit.)
- Click New Access Level to create a custom access level.
At the top of each Access Level screen, whether new or one you're editing, there are fields for Access Level Name and Access Level Description. There is also an Active switch and Spell Check option for those two fields.
Note: the image above only shows the top of the Access Levels screen. Please view it on your computer to see all options.
- Add or edit the name and description fields.
- Set the Active switch to On (green), or Off (white).
- Scroll through all the available settings and make selections for this access level. Choices for each level are:
- View means the employee can access and view a specific feature in your account. However, they can't make changes. When selected, the View option is green.
- Modify means they can access and edit that setting in your account. When selected, the Modify option is green.
- A toggle switch is used to turn an option on (green) or off (white):
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen when you're finished.
In-Depth Definition of Access Levels
- Calendar Configuration Management - Employees can change the way the calendar page is displayed. They can also turn on/off tracking for customer retention. These will affect all employees.
- Control Own Calendar - Employees can view/edit their own calendars. This allows them to edit and move their appointments and personal tasks.
- Control Other Employee Calendars - Employees can view/edit other employees’ calendars, allowing them to edit and move their appointments and personal tasks.
- Accept Own Appointments - Employees can accept their own appointment requests.
- Accept Other Employee Appointments - Employees can accept appointment requests for others.
- Accept Appointment Requests and Waitlists - Employees can accept their own appointment requests and use the waitlist feature for services, classes, and workshops.
- Accept Other Employee Appointment Requests and Waitlists - Employees can accept other employee appointment requests and waitlists for services, classes, and workshops.
- Ability to Undo Checkout of Appointments - Employees can undo an appointment that has been checked out. Employees cannot undo services that are paid by credit card and being processed through Vagaro. Products sales also cannot be undone.
- Customer Checkout - Employees can check out customers.
- Customer Checkout – Use the checkout screen and modify customer checkouts. When set to Modify:
- Modify Price and Discount – Employees can add or change a discount or change the price at checkout. (See Limit Employee Ability to Change Prices and Discounts for full detail on this feature.)
- Credit Card Processing - Employees can select different Vagaro Merchant Services accounts. They can also toggle retail account settings as well.
- Manage Refund - Employees can see, manage, and give refunds.
- Invoice Management - Employees can create, edit, and delete invoices.
- Customer Management - Employees can view/add/edit/delete customer profiles. Employees will be able to see everything except for the contact information.
Note: If both the View and Modify buttons next to Customer Management are not selected, employees with this Access Level will only be able to see the first and last name of a client.
- Customer Notes, SOAP Notes, Forms & Files - Employees can view/edit/add/delete customer notes (Allergy, Formulas, General, and Pop-Up Notes). Employees also can view, edit, or delete SOAP Notes as well as Forms and Files.
- Forms Management - Employees can add, edit, and delete forms.
- Venue Gallery/Portfolio Management - Employees can add/edit/delete content and images in their Portfolio Gallery.
- Website Builder - Employees can customize the Vagaro Booking Page (the cost to customize a site is an extra $10 per month).
- Manage Widget - Employees can customize the booking widget that can be added to a website.
- Email and Text Marketing Management – View and modify email and text marketing settings and configurations. When set to Modify, additional options:
- Modify Email and Text Marketing Plans – Change plan sizes.
- Create and Modify Marketing Campaigns – Create, edit, and delete marketing campaigns.
- Employees Can Only Send Campaigns to Own Customers – A campaign can only be sent to customers of the employee creating the campaign.
- Ability to Run Own Reports - Employees can run their own reports.
- Ability to Run Other's Reports - Employees can run other employees' reports. Employees also will have access to the Transaction List, be able to select a Service Provider, and be able to issue Refunds.
- Time Card Screen - Employees can access the time card report and make alterations such as clocking in and out.
- Ability to Edit Own Time Card - Ability to edit his/her own time card.
- Gift Certificate - Employees can create and/or edit gift certificates in the gift certificate management screen. Gift Certificates created from the management screen do not require payment.
- Packages - Employees can access the reports for packages and edit packages that have already been purchased.
- Cancellation & No Shows Report - Employees can see deleted, canceled, denied, and no-show appointments.
- Control His/Her Own Push Notification History - Employees can export and delete records in their own push notification history on their Vagaro Pro app.
- Control Other People’s Push Notification History - Employees can export and delete records in other employees’ push notification histories on their Vagaro Pro app.
- Pending Shipment Report - Employees can access the pending shipment report.
- Ability to Run Own Payroll - Employees can view and run their own payroll.
- Ability to Run Other's Payroll - Employees can view and run other employee payrolls.
- Dashboard - Employees can view the dashboard and change the widgets that appear on the dashboard.
- Failed Payment Report - Employees can view the failed payment report.
- Customer Review Report - Employees can view the report listing customer reviews. With Modify on, they can also respond to reviews.
- General Setting - Employees can edit the sections for Business and Booking.
- Manage Other Employee Profiles - Employees can edit the employee profiles of others. This includes their name, email, password, contact information, hours, and services.
- Manage Own Profile - Employees can edit their own profiles. This includes their name, email, password, contact information, hours, and services. Employees can also modify access levels.
- Access Level Management - Employees can add, edit, and delete Access Levels.
- Service, Resource, Class Management can be Created and Edited - Employees can add, edit, and create services, resources, and classes.
- Inventory - Employees can view the inventory list and make changes.
- Message Plans (For the UK and Australian Businesses) - Allows for the enabling and disabling of the paid message plans.
- Manage Online Shopping Cart - Employees can enable and disable the online shopping cart. The Online Shopping Cart is an additional $10 per month and requires a merchant account.
- Vagaro Drive - Employees can view and change the file storage plan.
- Memberships - Employees can view and make changes to memberships.
- Packages - Employees can add, edit, and delete packages.
- Discounts – Employees can view, create, edit, and delete discounts.
- Log In from Any IP address - Employees can log in from any network (home, work, or mobile).
- Feature Subscriptions - View and modify feature subscriptions.
- QuickBooks - View and modify QuickBooks.
- Xero - View and modify Xero.
- Check In App - View and modify Check In App.
- Branded App - View and modify Branded App.
- Feature Business - View and modify Feature Business.
- Manage Rent & Fees - Manage rent & fee settings, collect payments, view Rent & Fees report.