How to Control What Your Employees Change and See in Vagaro
If you are an owner of a Vagaro account, you can set the Access Levels for employees who are added to your business account. Think of access levels as permissions or roles that can be customized to restrict your employees from viewing and/or editing specific features in Vagaro. Remember the owner of the account always has full access.
Difference Between Viewing and Modifying
View means you can access and look at specific features in your account. However, you can't make changes. Modify means you can access and make changes to your account.
Access Levels on the Web Version
1. Click on Settings and click on Access Levels. Click on New Access Level to view all of the definitions.
2. View the different Access Levels below.
Definition of Access Levels
- Calendar Configuration Management - Employees can change the way the calendar page is displayed. They can also turn on/off tracking for customer retention. These will affect all employees.
- Control His/Her Own Calendar - Employees can view/edit their own calendar. This allows them to edit and move their appointments and personal tasks.
- Control Other People's Calendar - Employees can view/edit other employees’ calendars, allowing them to edit and move their appointments and personal tasks.
- Ability to Accept Own Appointments – Employees can accept their own appointment requests.
- Ability to Accept Other's Appointments – Employees can accept appointment requests for others.
- Ability to 'Undo Checkout' the Appointments – Employees can undo an appointment that has been checked out. Please note, employees cannot undo services that are paid by credit card and being processed through Vagaro. Products also cannot be undone.
- Customer Checkout – Employees can check out customers.
- Credit Card Processing – Employees can select different Vagaro Merchant Services accounts. They can also toggle retail account settings as well.
- Customer Management – Employees can view/add/edit/delete customer profiles. Employees will be able to see everything except for the contact information.
- Ability to Add or Modify Customer Notes – Employees can view/edit/add/delete customer notes (Allergy, Formulas, General, and Pop-Up Notes).
- Style Management – Employees can add/edit/delete content and images in their Portfolio Gallery.
- Email Marketing Management - Promotional, Private, and Recurring emails can be created/edited/deleted.
- Website Builder – Employees can customize the Vagaro Booking Page (the cost to customize a site is an extra $10 per month).
- Manage Widget – Employees can customize the booking widget that can be added to a website.
- Promotion Email Plans – Employees can view and modify the businesses’ promotional email plans.
- Ability to Run Own Reports – Employees can run their own reports.
- Ability to Run Other's Reports – Employees can run other employee's reports. Employees also will have access to the Transaction List, be able to select a Service Provider and be able to issue Refunds.
- Time Card Screen – Employees can access the time card report and make alterations such as clocking in and out.
- Gift Certificate – Employees can create and/or edit gift certificates in the gift certificate management screen. Gift Certificates created from the management screen do not require payment.
- Package Management – Employees can access the reports for packages and edit packages that have already been purchased.
- Cancellation & No Shows Report – Employees can see deleted, canceled, denied, and no-show appointments.
- Control his/her Own Push Notification History – Employees can export and delete records in their own push notification history on their Vagaro Pro app.
- Control other People’s Push Notification History – Employees can export and delete records in other employees’ push notification histories on their Vagaro Pro app.
- Pending Shipment Report – Employees can access the pending shipment report.
- Membership Management – Employees can edit membership plans.
- Ability to Run Own Payroll – Employees can view and run their own payroll.
- Ability to Run Other's Payroll – Employees can view and run other employee payrolls.
- Dashboard – Employees can view the dashboard and change the widgets that appear on the dashboard.
- Manage Other's Profile – Employees can edit the employee profiles of others. This includes their name, email, password, contact information, hours and services.
- Manage Own Profile – Employees can edit their own profile. This includes their name, email, password, contact information, hours and services. Employees can also modify access levels.
- Role Management – Employees can view/edit Access Levels.
- Business Management – Employees can view/edit the Business Profile and Facility Information.
- Service, Resource, Package, Class Management can be created and edited – Employees can add/edit/delete Service(s)/Resource(s)/Package(s), as well as create and edit classes.
- Inventory – Employees can view the inventory list and make changes.
- Message Plans (For the UK and Australian Businesses) - Allows for the enabling and disabling of the paid message plans.
- Manage Shopping Cart – Employees can enable and disable the online shopping cart. The Online Shopping Cart is an additional $10 per month and requires a merchant account.
- Log in from any IP address – Employees can log in from any network (home, work, or mobile).
On the Vagaro Pro App
1. Tap More.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Access Levels.
4. Tap New Access Level to add a new access level.
5. Tap on an existing access level to edit or delete it.