If an employee can't access a specific setting or feature in the account, it's likely you will need to change the access levels.
As an owner of a Vagaro account, you can set Access Levels for each employee. Think of access levels as permissions or roles that can be customized to restrict your employees from viewing and/or editing specific features in Vagaro. Remember the owner of the account always has full access.
To set access levels, follow these steps when using the Desktop Version:
- Click Settings at the top of the screen.
- Select Access levels on the left side of the screen.
- Click New Access Level to add a new item or hover over on an existing access level to edit it.
- Enter the access level name and description. You can select View and/or Modify for each access level setting. View means the employee can access and look at a specific feature in the account. However, they can't make changes. Modify means they can access and make changes to a feature.
- When you're finished, click Save at the bottom of the screen. Then you're good to go!
Let's get started!
1. Click Settings.
2. Click Access Levels.
3. Click New Access Level to create a custom access level and assign it to a specific employee.
4. To edit an existing access level that's already been set for an employee, click the three dots that correspond to it on the right side of the screen. Then select Edit.
5. Once you get to that specific access level, whether you're creating a custom one or editing an existing item, you can enter a new name and description. You then can select View and/or Modify for each access level setting.
View means the employee can access and look at specific features in your account. However, they can't make changes. Modify means they can access and make changes to that setting in your account. A green color means that the option has been enabled, permitting that employee access to that feature.
Click Save at the bottom of the screen when you're finished.
Below is a more in-depth explanation of each access level setting.
Definition of Access Levels
- Calendar Configuration Management - Employees can change the way the calendar page is displayed. They can also turn on/off tracking for customer retention. These will affect all employees.
- Control His/Her Own Calendar - Employees can view/edit their own calendar. This allows them to edit and move their appointments and personal tasks.
- Control Other People's Calendar - Employees can view/edit other employees’ calendars, allowing them to edit and move their appointments and personal tasks.
- Ability to Accept Own Appointments – Employees can accept their own appointment requests.
- Ability to Accept Other's Appointments – Employees can accept appointment requests for others.
- Ability to Accept their Own Appointment Requests and Waitlists - Employees can accept their own appointment requests and use the waitlist feature for services, classes, and workshops.
- Ability to Accept Other Appointment Requests and Waitlists - Employees can accept other employee appointment requests and waitlists for services, classes, and workshops.
- Ability to 'Undo Checkout' the Appointments – Employees can undo an appointment that has been checked out. Please note, employees cannot undo services that are paid by credit card and being processed through Vagaro. Products also cannot be undone.
- Customer Checkout – Employees can check out customers.
- Credit Card Processing – Employees can select different Vagaro Merchant Services accounts. They can also toggle retail account settings as well.
- Manage Refund - Employees can see, manage and give refunds.
- Invoice Management - Employees can create, edit, and delete invoices.
- Customer Management – Employees can view/add/edit/delete customer profiles. Employees will be able to see everything except for the contact information.
- Customer Notes, SOAP Notes & Forms – Employees can view/edit/add/delete customer notes (Allergy, Formulas, General, and Pop-Up Notes). Employees also can view, edit or delete SOAP Notes as well as Forms.
- Forms Management - Employees can add, edit, and delete forms.
- Venue Gallery/Portfolio – Employees can add/edit/delete content and images in their Portfolio Gallery.
- Email Marketing Management - Promotional, Private, and Recurring emails can be created/edited/deleted.
- Website Builder – Employees can customize the Vagaro Booking Page (the cost to customize a site is an extra $10 per month).
- Manage Widget – Employees can customize the booking widget that can be added to a website.
- Promotion Email Plans – Employees can view and modify the businesses’ promotional email plans.
- Ability to Run Own Reports – Employees can run their own reports.
- Ability to Run Other's Reports – Employees can run other employee's reports. Employees also will have access to the Transaction List, be able to select a Service Provider and be able to issue Refunds.
- Time Card Screen – Employees can access the time card report and make alterations such as clocking in and out.
- Gift Certificate – Employees can create and/or edit gift certificates in the gift certificate management screen. Gift Certificates created from the management screen do not require payment.
- Packages – Employees can access the reports for packages and edit packages that have already been purchased.
- Cancellation & No Shows Report – Employees can see deleted, canceled, denied, and no-show appointments.
- Control his/her Own Push Notification History – Employees can export and delete records in their own push notification history on their Vagaro Pro app.
- Control other People’s Push Notification History – Employees can export and delete records in other employees’ push notification histories on their Vagaro Pro app.
- Pending Shipment Report – Employees can access the pending shipment report.
- Ability to Run Own Payroll – Employees can view and run their own payroll.
- Ability to Run Other's Payroll – Employees can view and run other employee payrolls.
- Dashboard – Employees can view the dashboard and change the widgets that appear on the dashboard.
- General Setting - Employees can edit the sections for Business and Booking.
- Manage Other's Profile – Employees can edit the employee profiles of others. This includes their name, email, password, contact information, hours and services.
- Manage Own Profile – Employees can edit their own profile. This includes their name, email, password, contact information, hours and services. Employees can also modify access levels.
- Access Level Management - Employees can add, edit, and delete Access Levels.
- Service, Resource, Class Management can be created and edited – Employees can add, edit, and create services, resources, and classes.
- Inventory – Employees can view the inventory list and make changes.
- Message Plans (For the UK and Australian Businesses) - Allows for the enabling and disabling of the paid message plans.
- Manage Shopping Cart – Employees can enable and disable the online shopping cart. The Online Shopping Cart is an additional $10 per month and requires a merchant account.
- Memberships – Employees can view and make changes to memberships.
- Log in from any IP address – Employees can log in from any network (home, work, or mobile).
- Packages - Employees can add, edit and delete packages.