To learn how to sell online gift certificates that are tied a service, follow the steps below.
*Remember, customers can purchase a gift certificate that's tied to a dollar amount or a service. Certificates tied to a dollar amount can be applied to any service. However, ones tied to a specific service can only be applied to that service.
Selling Online Gift Certificates Tied to a Service
1. Click Settings at the top of the screen.
2. Select Online Shopping Cart on the left sidebar under Things We Sell.
3. Select the Sell Gift Certificates option. A green color means that it has been turned on.
4. Sele t Sell Gift Certificates Based on Services.
5. Select the Expiration Date option to set a date for the gift certificate to expire. Then, enter the number of months in the box below.
6. Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
7. Once you turn on the Enable gift certificates based on services, customers will only see this option when purchasing gift certificates from your online booking. So they will not be able to add a dollar amount to the gift certificate.
Remember, all gift certificates that are assigned to a service will be sold at the same price as the lowest price offered for that service.