When you configure your online store to sell gift certificates, you can choose from several options. One choice is to sell gift certificates that are tied to services or to only sell ones with a dollar value. Follow the steps below to set up your online store for selling gift certificates.
Configure Gift Certificates in the Online Shopping Cart
- Go to Settings > Things We Sell > Online Shopping Cart.
- Set the switches in the Sell Gift Certificates section. Green=ON, and gray=OFF.
- Sell Gift Certificates: Set on to sell gift certificates online.
- Sell Gift Certificates Based on Services: Set on to allow services selections.
If off, you can only create gift certificates for dollar amounts.
- Gift Certificate Sales Go Directly to Employees: deposit GC sales into the merchant account of the employee who sells the gift certificate.
- Expiration Date: Set a number of months for automatic expiration of the gift certificate.
Note: check your state regulations regarding rules for expiring gift certificates.
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
These same configuration settings for your online store are available on the Vagaro Pro app.
Go to …More > Settings > Things We Sell > Online Shopping Cart.
- When you set the ability to sell gift certificates based on services, online customers will have a choice of buying a dollar amount or a service-based gift certificate. If you do not enable services, customers can only enter a dollar value.
- If you set an expiration date number of months, the expiration date is set to that number of months from the sale date of the gift certificate.
- Service-based gift certificates are sold at the same price as the lowest price offered for that service.
Here are some examples of what the online customer sees, based on the online store selections for gift certificates.
GC with exp. date
Select a service option
GC with exp. date
Enter a value option
GC with no exp. date
Services option not set